Same old History Viewer

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Same old History Viewer

Post by Guest »

The history viewer in the NEW version is exactly the SAME as in the earlier version, all the way down to the version number when clicking on About...I assume this was an oversight...
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

This is not an oversight.

There are no enhancements to the History Viewer in 2.0 or 2.0.1. The executable is exactly the same, version # and all.

Ideally I would have changed the version number, but I had to push 2.0.1 out the door very quickly to fix problems people were having this morning.

You can expect to see new History Viewer stuff pretty soon, though - especially features to help you manage your history (delete logs, etc).
-Ryan
Big-O Software

Post by Guest »

ryan, sounds great, is there an eta on the new history viewer?

AWESOME job , keep it up! :D
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

2.0.1 just came out and you're already asking for more?! :)

The History Viewer should be updated for the next big release of AIM+. Ryan will probably be concentrating on any major bugs that pop up in AIM+ 2.0, as well as completing and launching a new hkSFV32, before he has enough free time to begin work on the next udpate to AIM+.
-Mark
Big-O Software
Maraklov
Addict
Addict

history features... no rush.

Post by Maraklov »

not trying to be demanding, especially with such great work from big-?... is the search feature going to make it into the history viewer in the next release, maybe, hmm...?

just wondering... i'll take it when it's good and ready.
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Maraklov: I honestly don't know. There is a new release coming next monday, but it is primarily a bugfix release, with maybe a few little goodies. History Viewer stuff probably won't be seen until the next 'big' release (no clue when that will be yet :) ).

A "global search" feature (what I wanted the Find button to do) would be very, very cool (imho), but is also rather tricky. You probably know that you can do a search within a day's history by simply hitting CTRL+F (click on the browser part of the history viewer first). This is handy, but we all know that more advanced searching would be great. It's still on the radar, but I'm just not sure when yet.
-Ryan
Big-O Software