DeadAIM No Longer Freeware

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Re: lol

Post by DADINK13 »

nioin wrote:dead aim off kazaa is a virus, every single one.
If that were true, then Norton Antivirus would've gone off after it finished downloading.

And don't give me any of that "well no antivirus can detect it" crap. I'm not that naive.
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

It May Be Spyware, but there are no Viruses.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I think this is where he got that idea though

http://www.jdennis.net/forums/viewtopic ... c&start=45 just look for the post from Axilla. My opinan of him has continue to drop much much lower the more I read the DeadAIM forums.
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

my IP is finally unbanned from Jdennis...unless it changed but mine is a fixed IP so who knows..my account tho is still banned. oh well
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

[]DaT_MaNN03 wrote:my IP is finally unbanned from Jdennis...unless it changed but mine is a fixed IP so who knows..my account tho is still banned. oh well
do what I did. Make a complete new acount not even remoutly related to you never use it to post. and make sure the email address is the same way (or related to what ever name you are using. Works like a charm) It took me 4 accouts to figure that out
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

Timelessblur wrote:I think this is where he got that idea though

http://www.jdennis.net/forums/viewtopic ... c&start=45 just look for the post from Axilla. My opinan of him has continue to drop much much lower the more I read the DeadAIM forums.
Tear...drop.
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
Darc
Just Registered
Just Registered

DeadAIM

Post by Darc »

I truly hate to break it to you all, but you have a larger problem than simply relying on JDennis charging money for his product than what it seems. You see, the features JDennis added in DeadAIM 4 are features the makers of AIM+ said, in many posts, they are unwilling to accomodate.. whatever reason that may be.

I was a long time follower of AIM+. As soon as AIM 5.0 came out, I searched the site and forums everywhere. I came to find a couple messages from the programmers, saying, "we are not going to make a version for AIM 5." I immediately searched for a version who did.

DeadAIM came up on my screen. I hate to say it, but AIM+ was hard for me to get working at first. DeadAIM was quick, even comes with its own install repair executable in case something isn't working quite like it was meant to.

In the end, I guess my point is.... how many of you are running Windows XP Professional or Corporate for that matter. And how many of you actually paid for it? My sentiments exactly. You may see a few users from JDennis charging for DeadAIM. My programming group already released a crack for it.... well... more of a serial generator, using the same strings JDennis used to generate keys. Unless he keeps a database of those 4 million users, or changes the string every once and a while, people will be getting around it. You can be sure of that.

The only users AIM+ will gain are the ones that don't totally care about AIM5, stupid ones who don't know how to find ways around serials or required registrations, or ones who are just plain too lazy to look. And honestly.... all those users, you guys can have. Oxymoron anyone? DeadAIM to the death!!
irc.idlewhores.net
#IdleWhores, #DarcFX
Anthony

Re: DeadAIM

Post by Anthony »

Darc wrote:I was a long time follower of AIM+.
That's really great and all but I fail to see how this has anything to with anything.. Oh how easy it's to jump ship when things arn't right up to par huh?
As soon as AIM 5.0 came out, I searched the site and forums everywhere. I came to find a couple messages from the programmers, saying, "we are not going to make a version for AIM 5." I immediately searched for a version who did.
Wow... Thanks for letting us know.
DeadAIM came up on my screen.
May I ask how long it took to come up on your screen? Everyone I know knew about DeadAIM a long time before Big-O-Software stopped with AIM+ :shrug:
I hate to say it, but AIM+ was hard for me to get working at first.
Sorry to hear that... But it REALLY is not hard at all to install a program, and then run THAT program...
DeadAIM was quick, even comes with its own install repair executable in case something isn't working quite like it was meant to.
That's nice and all... but instead of a program with such a feature wouldn't you rather have one that would never need such a feature?
In the end, I guess my point is.... how many of you are running Windows XP Professional or Corporate for that matter. And how many of you actually paid for it?
That is your point?
You may see a few users from JDennis charging for DeadAIM.
Although I would never use DeadAIM as my primary AIM add-on, I still find people like you very rude... Granted it's one thing to steal from a company that won't notice the diffrence.... ever... but I'm pretty sure JDennis will...
My programming group already released a crack for it....
A group is more then one ;).
The only users AIM+ will gain are the ones that don't totally care about AIM5, stupid ones who don't know how to find ways around serials or required registrations, or ones who are just plain too lazy to look.
Yes... I know... The Big-O-Software comunitty has no clue... Although you might as well admited to not knowing about DeadAIM months before most (if not all) active users here knew about it, we are the stupid ones :roll: . Also between AIM+ it's self, and other add-ons from THIS comunitty of people you have a much better product then DeadAIM, and one that is not going to die, as has been proved.
And honestly.... all those users, you guys can have. Oxymoron anyone? DeadAIM to the death!!
That comment really scares me...

Anyways you seem to hate DeadAIM with a passion... I wonder if you actually like anything you have.

Your attempt to bash another program is quite sad, and you really have no points... If you can tell me why AIM+ is so BAD, I'd love to hear it... AIM+ always had less bugs then DeadAIM had while it was being developed (and if not less bugs, much smaller ones (Like the installer always worked ;))...

Next your going to say you can make a better AIM add-on right? You don't even make .exes out of your VB projects :o :roll: .
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

The only users AIM+ will gain are the ones that don't totally care about AIM5, stupid ones who don't know how to find ways around serials or required registrations, or ones who are just plain too lazy to look.
uhh... i use AIM+ and AIM 5.2 and im happy w/ that combination... first time i used aim+ i got it workin with no probs or delays. deadaim was the same but its very buggy on my systemsetup
ashtray
Addict
Addict

Post by ashtray »

Axilla wrote: Tear...drop.
mmmmm....tears of unfathomable sadness...
please stop. now.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

I refuse to respond to stupid quotes only because I feel that I make myself even more stupid by doing so. :roll:

Some people never learn..
Darc
Just Registered
Just Registered

My goal.

Post by Darc »

It was my intention, at no point in my post, to promote DeadAIM over AIM+. I was simply comparing my, at the time, thoughts with my now thoughts. Allow me to pick apart your post like you felt so inclinded to manipulate mine:
Quote:
As soon as AIM 5.0 came out, I searched the site and forums everywhere. I came to find a couple messages from the programmers, saying, "we are not going to make a version for AIM 5." I immediately searched for a version who did.

I did "let us know." I posted very often on the Bulletin Board here with AIM+. I got a response from the programmers like I said, that they weren't going to release a version of AIM+ for AIM5. If that has changed since then, that is not my fault.
Darc wrote:
I was a long time follower of AIM+.

That's really great and all but I fail to see how this has anything to with anything.. Oh how easy it's to jump ship when things arn't right up to par huh?
It was rather very easy. Because although I supported AIM+, I supported it for the program and for the features it provided at that time. Given, I haven't installed AIM+ since, however, I need not to. Microsoft plans to put alot of Governmental Spywear into their new operating system known as "Longhorn." And allthough I am a HUGE supporter of Microsoft, simply because I think the quality and the ease of use of their products is outstanding, I'll jump the boat in that too. Why? Becasue I have millions of pirated software and MP3's? No. Because I don't beleive in it. I believe it violates any kind of privacy at all, and I won't stand for it. For that same reason, I fealt so inclinded to jump boat on AIM+. Why? Because I thought DeadAIM was better at the time? No, I didn't want to change, as I said earlier, I searched for a rather lengthy time (on and off) for a working version of AIM+ for AIM5. But I found none. And with the reply to my posts on this BBS that they weren't going to release one because of IRL (in real life) events, I also fealt so inclined to leave and go with DeadAIM anyway. Why? Because AIM+ did something I didn't believe in. Abandoned a great client, which was closed source.
Quote:

Sorry to hear that... But it REALLY is not hard at all to install a program, and then run THAT program...
Please inform me in there where I said anything about the installation and running of the program. Thank you. Now be not so quick to jump to conclusions and assume things, becasue you are only making yourself out to be even more of an idiot that you already look by picking apart another mans opinion, which by the laws of humanity and logical reason, he has every right to. The issue with getting AIM+ to work was with the buddy list. It didn't work right with it. The IM window worked fine, just spify, as well as the logging and whatnot. However, the ads were still there, and they were off in my config. I even restarted to make sure it WASN'T something I did, and to make sure it simply wasn't the AIM dll was already loaded. It wasn't until I uninstalled both AIM and AIM+ and then reinstalled AIM and then AIM+ that it worked. I think you have alot of adacity thinking you have even but a little knowledge about my situation, and nurve to act so childish simply because of another man's opinion. Unfortunitely , that is something you do NOT have a right to, by the laws of reason and humanity. You have that right from the laws of stupidity and immaturity. You follow them through very well, even as far as to get off topic... which brings me to my next point:
Next your going to say you can make a better AIM add-on right? You don't even make .exes out of your VB projects .
WTF does my programming ability OR my website have to do with my opinion? HAHAHA -- That one gives a new meaning to the common internet shorthand "Laughing Out Loud." You're right, none of my VB Projects are compiled. Why? Because they don't have to be to teach someone how to do it the right way. But like I said... wtf does that have to do with anything?
Quote:

A group is more then one .
Thank you Commander Obvious. You think I'd waste my time cracking a program myself? BWAHAHAHA. I actually never touched it. I am well aware of the meaning of the word "group." I would have used it again... because I meant it and it's ever so obvious meaning.
Your attempt to bash another program is quite sad, and you really have no points... If you can tell me why AIM+ is so BAD, I'd love to hear it... AIM+ always had less bugs then DeadAIM had while it was being developed (and if not less bugs, much smaller ones (Like the installer always worked )...
And I had never any intention of bashing anything... or being bashed for that matter, but it seems as if you know not how to display a mannerism of self control. Further more...
Quote:
And honestly.... all those users, you guys can have. Oxymoron anyone? DeadAIM to the death!!

Anyways you seem to hate DeadAIM with a passion... I wonder if you actually like anything you have.
Ever hear of comic releif? Obviously not. Also, saying "something to the death" does not mean you wish it to be dead. It was very popular on the battle field, which I have no idea if you know anything of or not. I don't see it as important. Imagine the US troops screaming "USA TO THE DEATH" as they run into battle. It simply means that it is something you would die for. Now would I die for DeadAIM? No. But like I already said, Comic Releif.

Oh, and last time I checked, when releasing a program to the public, DEVEL bugs have no effect or meaning. Why? Because they are removed before the public release. So YOUR point is completely invalid there. If you're a tester for both then sure, you have the right to your opinion on the devel versions. But final versions, even though in the past DeadAIM was rather much buggier, the tables have since, turned -- just as any odds would if you give up on something as the AIM+ programmers eluded to me that they did.

In a final argument, make note that "at the time" is used throughout this post. I am in no way implying my feelings and thoughts were that AIM+ is not better, worse, or equal to DeadAIM. I don't know. Ever since I received that post reply that AIM5 devel was halted indefinitely, I have used DeadAIM. I haven't even installed AIM+ or read the feature list. But please make note I did not claim anywhere in my first post that either one were better than the other, excusing the comic relief. I simply spouted that AIM+ may not get as many users from DeadAIM's new charge policy as they may think. That was all. Thank you for making such a small and simple post so big and revolting, only to find that the only part of that post that IS indeed revolting is your modifications of it, through unneeded and rather unthoughtful commenting. :D

I made my peace. I made my point, and it was rather thought through, valid, and in fact very real. Get over it.
irc.idlewhores.net
#IdleWhores, #DarcFX
Anthony

Re: My goal.

Post by Anthony »

Darc wrote:It was my intention, at no point in my post, to promote DeadAIM over AIM+. I was simply comparing my, at the time, thoughts with my now thoughts. Allow me to pick apart your post like you felt so inclinded to manipulate mine:
Quote:
I did "let us know." I posted very often on the Bulletin Board here with AIM+. I got a response from the programmers like I said, that they weren't going to release a version of AIM+ for AIM5. If that has changed since then, that is not my fault.[/quote]

Once again... Thanks for letting us know... But we still don't care.

Darc wrote:
I was a long time follower of AIM+.

[/quote]That's really great and all but I fail to see how this has anything to with anything.. Oh how easy it's to jump ship when things arn't right up to par huh? [/quote]

It was rather very easy. Because although I supported AIM+, I supported it for the program and for the features it provided at that time. Given, I haven't installed AIM+ since, however, I need not to. Microsoft plans to put alot of Governmental Spywear into their new operating system known as "Longhorn." And allthough I am a HUGE supporter of Microsoft, simply because I think the quality and the ease of use of their products is outstanding, I'll jump the boat in that too. Why? Becasue I have millions of pirated software and MP3's? No. Because I don't beleive in it. I believe it violates any kind of privacy at all, and I won't stand for it. For that same reason, I fealt so inclinded to jump boat on AIM+. Why? Because I thought DeadAIM was better at the time? No, I didn't want to change, as I said earlier, I searched for a rather lengthy time (on and off) for a working version of AIM+ for AIM5. But I found none. And with the reply to my posts on this BBS that they weren't going to release one because of IRL (in real life) events, I also fealt so inclined to leave and go with DeadAIM anyway. Why? Because AIM+ did something I didn't believe in. Abandoned a great client, which was closed source. [/quote]

And Windows has has what to do with AIM+ or DeadAIM (Sorry I'm stupid)??
Quote:
Please inform me in there where I said anything about the installation and running of the program. Thank you. Now be not so quick to jump to conclusions and assume things, becasue you are only making yourself out to be even more of an idiot that you already look by picking apart another mans opinion, which by the laws of humanity and logical reason, he has every right to.[/quote]

I didn't ever say you had no right to voice your opinion, but apparently I don't have the right to voice mine? I only pick apart posts when their full of non sence.
The issue with getting AIM+ to work was with the buddy list. It didn't work right with it. The IM window worked fine, just spify, as well as the logging and whatnot. However, the ads were still there, and they were off in my config.
Okay I know you know AIM+ didn't work with AIM 5.x....
I even restarted to make sure it WASN'T something I did, and to make sure it simply wasn't the AIM dll was already loaded. It wasn't until I uninstalled both AIM and AIM+ and then reinstalled AIM and then AIM+ that it worked.
Downgrading to 4.8 no doubt.
I think you have alot of adacity thinking you have even but a little knowledge about my situation...
I hate to break it to you but your situation is not new to me, nor is it new to most of the people that post here.
and nurve to act so childish simply because of another man's opinion.
I'm sorry but I can only deal with so many idiots, and your the one that broke the camels back this time.
Unfortunitely , that is something you do NOT have a right to, by the laws of reason and humanity. You have that right from the laws of stupidity and immaturity. You follow them through very well, even as far as to get off topic... which brings me to my next point:
Your next point? It remained on topic, although I admit close to off topic... Let move on to your "next point".
Next your going to say you can make a better AIM add-on right? You don't even make .exes out of your VB projects .
WTF does my programming ability OR my website have to do with my opinion? HAHAHA -- That one gives a new meaning to the common internet shorthand "Laughing Out Loud." You're right, none of my VB Projects are compiled. Why? Because they don't have to be to teach someone how to do it the right way. But like I said... wtf does that have to do with anything?
Most teachers use their own stuff in this regard... Something you admit to not doing...
Quote:

A group is more then one . [/quote]
Thank you Commander Obvious. You think I'd waste my time cracking a program myself? BWAHAHAHA. I actually never touched it. I am well aware of the meaning of the word "group." I would have used it again... because I meant it and it's ever so obvious meaning.
And who is acting like a child?
Your attempt to bash another program is quite sad, and you really have no points... If you can tell me why AIM+ is so BAD, I'd love to hear it... AIM+ always had less bugs then DeadAIM had while it was being developed (and if not less bugs, much smaller ones (Like the installer always worked )...
And I had never any intention of bashing anything... or being bashed for that matter, but it seems as if you know not how to display a mannerism of self control. Further more...
Self control... You dare say I have no self control? I conduct my self in a very good manner on these forums, and I'm sure that many people would agree to that statement. I don't think anyone expects someone to be able to deal with posts such as yours 100% of the time (okay I guess you do).
Quote:

Ever hear of comic releif? Obviously not.
Yes... And I enjoy it... But it still has to be funny to be "comic releif".
Also, saying "something to the death" does not mean you wish it to be dead.
I think you said it best when you said "Thank you Commander Obvious".
It was very popular on the battle field, which I have no idea if you know anything of or not. I don't see it as important. Imagine the US troops screaming "USA TO THE DEATH" as they run into battle. It simply means that it is something you would die for.
I don't think we much run into battle anymore... I believe that stopped a couple hundred years ago ;).
Now would I die for DeadAIM? No. But like I already said, Comic Releif.
Whatever...
Oh, and last time I checked, when releasing a program to the public, DEVEL bugs have no effect or meaning. Why? Because they are removed before the public release. So YOUR point is completely invalid there.[/quote]

If anyone can show me ANYWHERE where I talked about development bugs we can continue to discuss this.

[qoute]If you're a tester for both then sure, you have the right to your opinion on the devel versions.[/quote]

If you are saying I had the ability to touch beta builds of AIM+ while it was in development I can assure there is no truth to that thought.
But final versions, even though in the past DeadAIM was rather much buggier, the tables have since, turned -- just as any odds would if you give up on something as the AIM+ programmers eluded to me that they did.
I'm pretty sure AIM+ downloads continue to outpreform DeadAIM downloads... :shrug:

[qoute]In a final argument, make note that "at the time" is used throughout this post. I am in no way implying my feelings and thoughs were that AIM+ is not better, worse, or equal to DeadAIM. I don't know. Ever since I received that post reply that AIM5 devel was halted indefinitely, I have used DeadAIM. I haven't even installed AIM+ or read the feature list. But please make note I did not claim anywhere in my first post that either one were better than the other, excusing the comic relief.[/quote]

I couldn't care less what you think of AIM+, but I will not stand for it to be bad mouthed, and the same goes to DeadAIM when I'm on their forums and see BS posts (refer to my spyware post over there. I fully admit I do not get along with most of the staff at JDennis, HOWEVER I DO get along with ojm and for that reason alone would never bad mouth their program (I will state my problems however).
I simply spouted that AIM+ may not get as many users from DeadAIM's new charge policy as they may think. That was all. Thank you for making such a small and simple post so big and revolting, only to find that the only part of that post that IS indeed revolting is your modifications (through comments) of it. :D
Oh please get over your self. Anyways I never ever saw any of your orginal post as stating how AIM+ will not get as many users as "they" think because of DeadAIM's charge. I did however see it as a complete attack on AIM+ with a attempt to disguse it.... Now I find THAT revolting...
I made my peace. I made my point, and it was rather thought through, valid, and in fact very real. Get over it.
I have nothing to get over...

(Note I attempted to clean up the quotes, but I'm sure I messed it up even more...)
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Matt

Post by Matt »

DAMN you people have tons of time on your hands!
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Matt

Post by Matt »

DAMN you people have tons of time on your hands!
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain