I Made an AwayBox stand alone clone

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I actually think it would be better on his server (really not trying to start a fight if you see it that way) then geocities, because granted geocites would be able to handle the load - until it exceedes the bandwidth. With Brian's site at least it still would be able to download... even though it would be painfully slow.

Better to have something then nothing at all.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Matt

Post by Matt »

He is using Bryans site. Go to http://www.btvillarin.com/schwippy and you will find the same thing if you go to http://amm.schwippy.com or http://schwippy.com/amm
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I meant Brian... Not Bryan :)
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Matt

Post by Matt »

aclauser wrote:I meant Brian... Not Bryan :)
I know...I was just stating facts.
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

yes.... Bryan is being cool about letting me host AMM on his site right now...... but honestly, i dont know how fast this will eat up HIS alloted bandwidth..... i noticed he said he had a limit to watch when DADINK had his 103mb mp3 on bryans site........

so yeah.

i COULD use my own server pretty easily, but the problem is, it slows down my FORUMS..... which is the most active part of schwippy as it stands. The slow speed is driving people away.

:sad:

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
The J3w

Post by The J3w »

if you want i can host the file too for ya, i know how it is hosting files on your own, and will my site doesnt get as much traffic as you so it should be a little faster, and also i can host it on my comcast webspace which goes really fast, let me know
punkster103
Addict
Addict

Post by punkster103 »

Just have everyone who can and wants to host the file, and then have a whole lot of mirrors. :D
Prouderesterest Moderator of the Schwippy.com forums.
Look! I can make an egg stand up on the first day of spring and winter! Can you? :D
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Is the problem all the people are flooding the forums with traffic, or that just too many people want the program its self. Once again I have been confused, and its getting old quick :x (Not your fault Plasma I'm sure).

The only problem with a lot of mirrors is if you have too many a lot could go down and Plasma would not know, causing people to get upset and just leave.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
punkster103
Addict
Addict

Post by punkster103 »

People are flooding the forums and the mainsite with traffic (mostly the mainsite, just to download AMM), and forums are taking a big hit because of this traffic. I think that's what's happening, but I could be wrong. :roll:
Look! I can make an egg stand up on the first day of spring and winter! Can you? :D
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Thats how I understand it, but it being said by two people the same way in their own words does reasure me.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
punkster103
Addict
Addict

Post by punkster103 »

aclauser wrote:Thats how I understand it, but it being said by two people the same way in their own words does reasure me.
Alright then. :D