Check out this buddy list skinner ... AIMutation

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

XIII wrote:I tried it, and didn't like it.
I thought it was big and kinda annoying. it needs to be more customizable, like being able to change the colors, being able to keep the ad, and so on...
Like I said, they're still working on it. I talked to one of the developers on AIM. He told me they're going to add options to hide/show buttons and adds, and skin the other windows. I suggested changing the highlight color and he said he'd see what he could do.
Barndtkid07
Just Registered
Just Registered

aimutations question

Post by Barndtkid07 »

i jus tried to download this a couple of times and everytime when its like finished it says "Failed to find the file 'aim.odl'....whats that mean and how do i get passed it?
buster
Addict
Addict

Post by buster »

it isnt a modified aimres.dll to the people who thought it was. its just an addon like 545 studios makes for other apps
-buster
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

I changed my mind. I don't like this prog anymore. The new version is designed to screw up if you're using AIM+ or DeadAIM.
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

so THATs what the deal is...i was about to come in here and start bitching like no other hehe;) im really disappointed that it does that, the buddy list looked really cool but when it maxed out my cpu when IMs popped up, i was NOT down...
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

I know. I uninstalled it as soon as I found out. What a pain...
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Master Jedi wrote:I changed my mind. I don't like this prog anymore. The new version is designed to screw up if you're using AIM+ or DeadAIM.
That's not very nice. What did we ever do to them?
-Mark
Big-O Software
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Big-O Mark wrote:
Master Jedi wrote:I changed my mind. I don't like this prog anymore. The new version is designed to screw up if you're using AIM+ or DeadAIM.
That's not very nice. What did we ever do to them?
They're writing this program to compete with yours. I don't think they want people to have the best of both worlds.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Not even DeadAIM does this to AIM+. They might as well have no market share, so I don't know what kind of pull they seem to think they have :-?.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

PhaseDMA wrote:Not even DeadAIM does this to AIM+. They might as well have no market share, so I don't know what kind of pull they seem to think they have :-?.
They've got skins. The one thing no one was willing to offer because programming them is a pain. I wrote an app to skin the taskbar and start menu once. I spent about 10 times as much time programming it as I spent using it. I got a new comp, formatted my hard drive, and put it in the new comp, but I forgot to save the skinner.
hurleygrly482
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by hurleygrly482 »

i installed aim+ and then put the AIMutation or whatever on. i didnt really like it so i deleted the program but the skin still isnt back to the normal version. how do i get it to go back to regular?
~Dana
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

What exactly is the problem?
hurleygrly482
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by hurleygrly482 »

i want the skin that i downloaded off, and the regular one to come on (origional skin when you first download aim)
~Dana
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

If you uninstalled AIMutation, then it should be the way it used to be. Make sure AIMutation is correctly uninstalled. (Reinstalling AIM will change it back, but you'll lose all your AIM settings.)
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I don't think you lose all your settings when you reinstall AIM, however just to be safe you could simply save your prefences.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ