The Future of Big-O Software and AIM+

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

This has all be talked about in the really long thread. Here as well:

http://discuss.big-o-software.com/viewtopic.php?t=2265
JeRSeY HeAvEn 823

Post by JeRSeY HeAvEn 823 »

wow this is one freaking long thread. and im going to post a very long message which is entirely my opinion so if u dont wanna read it.... dont.

Damn kid. You frikin' wasted a precious 10 minutes typing that crap up? We all know what happened and it's over with. Lets not be stuck in the past forever. :roll:
"If there were no computers the world would be nothing. If there was no New York the US would be nothing... (NaMe:JaY - LoC:East Brunswick, New Jersey)
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

What I think we need is an anoment in every page that has a topic of Before you post in this forum please read this.
in that post I think it should go say what has been discussed and links 2 it. that may cut down on post like that above alone with all this dupicit threads taht everyone is making
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

Timelessblur,

Trust me. That never works. Unless you have a way to prevent users from posting messages until they have viewed a particular thread. Everywhere I've been that has a READ ME FIRST thread, never gets read first.
collegegrrl

Re: oh boy

Post by collegegrrl »

Insomniac wrote:thinking about this thing logically, there really is no valid reason to completely kill this program.
except that mark and ryan have actual lives outside of pleasing the aim+ masses, and we shouldn't expect them to continue providing free software, free message boards, free everything, in the volume that it's been before. writing software is free, i suppose, even though it takes a lot of time, but it's not like bandwidth and hosting is free, and the time you spend working on something that doesn't generate finances for yourself is time you could potentially be spending making money to buy unimportant stuff, like food and gas. so, yeah. that's my two cents' on the thing.
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

harra wrote:Timelessblur,

Trust me. That never works. Unless you have a way to prevent users from posting messages until they have viewed a particular thread. Everywhere I've been that has a READ ME FIRST thread, never gets read first.

i have VERY rarely ever read a 'read me first' thread in almost ANY forum ive ever been to.

lol, i agree, it just wont solve anythign

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Who cares? DeadAIM 3.1 is better anyway. Just use it. It clones AIM much much quicker than AIM+ did, the logging is much better, logs images, mp3s, etc.. it's all around much better, just use it.
www.cocky-jeremy.net - The Cockiest Place On The Net
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

Jeremy wrote:Who cares? DeadAIM 3.1 is better anyway.
and that of course is opinion based.

if we all thought deadAIM was better, we would be using it.... the thing is that most of use HAVE tried it and still prefer AIM+ over deadAIM for different reasons.

me personally, its because the logging is a pain in the arse to get to. (logginfg is one of the main reasons i ise AIM+)

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Matt

Post by Matt »

There are other threads about DeadAim...keep this one off of that subject and on the subject of AIM+.
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

I know it's hard, but let's try to keep this thread on topic. There are plenty of forums here for just about every kind of discussion.

Unless you have a question or comment about the future of Big-O Software and AIM+, or you're making a reply to a question or comment about the future of Big-O Software and AIM+, please use the other forums. All off-topic posts will be removed from this thread.

AIM Miscellaneous - Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Totally Off-Topic - Whatever (keep it TV-14).
-Mark
Big-O Software
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Big-O Mark wrote:Unless you have a question or comment about the future of Big-O Software and AIM+, or you're making a reply to a question or comment about the future of Big-O Software and AIM+, please use the other forums.
I've actually had this thought bouncing around in my head for a while now..

Mark, you mentioed that you and Ryan had "other projects" you two were working on. What sorts of "projects" are these? Are they AIM-related? Are they utlities? Games? Dev software? Any little tidbits you could supply us with?
Chinchilla!
Addict
Addict

Post by Chinchilla! »

mark and ryan, thanks again for aim+. Seems as if people on this board are picking up where you guys left off by creating their own little add-ons and mods. Perhaps AIM+ is dead, but it sparked a bunch of new ideas and projects. I'm still using AIM+ and AIM 4.8, the latest versions of AIM don't have anything worth upgrading for anyway. Thanks again for sharing this quality prog with us
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

^^^what he said^^^ Also this is a something I would like to add to anyone who would like to bash BIG-O. You must post it in this thread otherwise it will be deleted (Something I noticed Ryan do today. it was the thread were DADINK snap). Personly I would not like it to say any more bashing but I would more so perfer it not clutter up the boards. Also you post will get read on this thread by all the active member because we will read any new post. thank you

Edit: I fix that typo. Thx Harra
Last edited by Timelessblur on Thu Jan 30, 2003 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

I think when Timelessblur was talking to those who want to "bass Big-O" he meant "bash Big-O". It took me a little time to figure out that typo.....lol
Face
Just Registered
Just Registered

Come on

Post by Face »

How can you jump on these guys after all the work they've done and the product that they have put out. Any of you complaining about no release of AIM+ 3.0 is probably using AIM+ to start out with. Rather than attacking them, you should consider what they have given you first.

Thank you for all you have done and all you will continue to do.