Auto-Hide Buddy List

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

matt

Auto-Hide Buddy List

Post by matt »

You know how you can auto hide the windows taskbar? What about doing the same thing for the aim buddy list. That way it could always be there but wouldn't really be in the way. Anyone else think this would be a good idea? I don't know how hard it would be to implement though. Anyway, AIM+ is great, I love the logging feature. Keep up the good work.

Matt
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Auto-hide would be a pretty neat feature to use. Personally I like to always keep my Buddy List open, but if I could quickly pop it open auto-hide style without having to click any icons or hotkeys or whatever, that might work!
-Mark
Big-O Software
etaine
Just Registered
Just Registered

Auto hide buddy list

Post by etaine »

I just use the tranparency feature of aim+ with XP. I have it set on 90 percent so its basically not there anyway, and hitting alt+tab isnt all that difficult but it does seem like a kinda good idea.
EvilJolly
Addict
Addict

Post by EvilJolly »

It would probably be weird to get used to at first. I'll be like "wtf happened to my list....." *30 seconds later* "oh yeah...". I think that this feature would be of some value though, and as always, just an option. :)
ronsx_
Just Registered
Just Registered

i would pay for an autohiding buddy list =d

Post by ronsx_ »

no really I would, paypal or something... but yeah I do use transperency for winxp but it doesnt really help when u try clicking something and its your buddy list is there and u end up having to minimize it or move it in order to click something.

So maybe a tab configurable to whatever side of the screen you want it so on a mouse over or hover will bring the list out -=) I use to program and I know that this shouldn't be too hard just a matter of positioning on the screen and a mouse event! and I'm not kidding I probably would pay to see this feature
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

if you go to aim prefrences and check off the featture hide taskbar when buddy list is minimized, when you minimize it, it will put it in the tray if that helps anyone at all, and it also puts your away messages in there
tone
alienzulu

Post by alienzulu »

this is similar to the slider idea
they make a plugin for winamp that will do it

you can make on edge or part of an edge or a corner into a hotspot and when you touch it with the mouse then winamp will appear on top of everything else

this we be awesome to do with AIM+

:D
Check this out it's really neat http://wolf.webcruiser.org/index.php?ref=19494
ronsx_
Just Registered
Just Registered

im too lazy

Post by ronsx_ »

t0ne wrote:if you go to aim prefrences and check off the featture hide taskbar when buddy list is minimized, when you minimize it, it will put it in the tray if that helps anyone at all, and it also puts your away messages in there
yeah i'm pretty sure we all know that- but we are a lazy bunch that doesnt like spending the extra second clicking =P, and then theres the whole business of minimizing it after youre done... yuck who wants to do that hahaha :D