Read from Winamp and Browser windows

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

B|ackWo|f

Post by B|ackWo|f »

Big-? Ryan wrote:Well, crap. The cat's out of the bag now; I suppose I might as well just add the feature.
:o Did this one slip by, or you still working to implement it? Either way keep up the good work :)
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

This one didn't slip by, we're pretty excited about this idea :). AIM+ 2.0 was pretty much ready to go and we just wanted to release what we had so everyone could finally upgrade. And now it's bugfix time before we can start worrying about too many new features ...

All in all, it's not the most practical feature, but it should be pretty awesome nonetheless; definitely fun to play with!
-Mark
Big-O Software
B|ackWo|f

Post by B|ackWo|f »

Definitely understandable. Thanks for the update :)

Post by Guest »

this would be cool. theres been alot of progs lately that display what song ur listening to in chat rooms. but this would be cool if u could display it in chat rooms and in the info. and i wouldnt have to run any extra progs if this was included in aim+
frOwy_bOy

examine the plugin that they have for winamp and mIRC

Post by frOwy_bOy »

there's a plugin called mircEX. it is used by a lot of irc'ers. mIRC runs a server called a DDE. It reads certain signals. mircEX sends the song title, artist, or filename,whatever the user chooses to the DDE server. mIRC picks it up. and people quote songs by using an alias command. if you could do something like that with aim+. it would be quite nice. If you want a copy of mircEX. drop me a line on aim. my screen name is 'frOwy bOy'.

Post by Guest »

You would have to make a winamp plugin. I think this would be simpler than cycling through windows to find one that had a play list(I think thats what some one mentioned earlier. I think they programin VC++, i could be wrong, never botherd to find out. They do have a dev forum over at www.winamp.com.
Mtndew

"privacy"

Post by Mtndew »

This seems like an extremely good feature to implement as a percent-sign token. %winamp-title, %winamp-artist, etc.
vectorminds

Code to grab winamp song title

Post by vectorminds »

Here is some code that I have written to grab the current winamp song, it should be easily modified to use inside aim+

#include <windows.h>
#include <winuser.h>
#include <iostream>

int main(){

char this_title[2048],*p;

HWND hwndWinamp = FindWindow("Winamp v1.x",NULL);

GetWindowText(hwndWinamp,this_title,sizeof(this_title));

p = this_title+strlen(this_title)-8;
while (p >= this_title)
{

if (!strnicmp(p,"- Winamp",8)) break;
p--;

}
if (p >= this_title) p--;
while (p >= this_title && *p == ' ') p--;
*++p=0;

if(hwndWinamp != NULL)
std::cout << this_title << std::endl;
else
std::cout << "Error: Winamp Not Running" << std::endl;

return 0;
}
Nemessis
Addict
Addict

Post by Nemessis »

i have just written a script that makes winamp3 report the file name to a php website. so i have experience with doing this with maki. i could offer my services if needed.
Fobunited

Window Blinds Winamp Feature

Post by Fobunited »

The current version of window blinds, along with Windows XP, allows you to have the current song being played scroll on any explorer window. It also allows you to control winamp on the bottom of an explorer window as well with the volume controls on the bottom right. Maybe this might be a start in getting the title of the current song playing. Hope this helps!
line6spyder

Post by line6spyder »

this is possible, just go to the winamp plug-in site and search for aim...you'll find it, there aren't many (like 3?)
Maraklov
Addict
Addict

Post by Maraklov »

thanks spyder, i looked it up... found one immediately.

for anyone interested in trying it out, the url is:
http://www.winamp.com/plugins/detail.jh ... ntId=95033
"It may be that our role on this planet is not to worship God, but to create him." Arthur C. Clarke
Maraklov
Addict
Addict

Post by Maraklov »

it's ok, but not all i'd hoped... i'm sure there are better out there.
stupid vb.
"It may be that our role on this planet is not to worship God, but to create him." Arthur C. Clarke

Post by Guest »

There is a Winamp General Purpose plugin that reports what song you're playing to a file.

http://drpizza.arsware.org/nowplaying/

It says on their site you can use it with AIM but I have no idea how.

I would especially dig this for Away messages.

Adding a feature for Away messages to grab the contents of a file and print them to the screen doesn't seem like it would be extremely difficult, but I'm not a programmer :)

Post by Guest »

In addition to my last post, look at CoolMon from Arsware.org :)