AIM+ USER ONLY CHATROOMS

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

nunubutt
Addict
Addict

AIM+ USER ONLY CHATROOMS

Post by nunubutt »

is there anyways to make AIM+ have its own chatroom..so people not using AIM+ cant get in? Cuz i was in a chat recently and these people just randomly show up and well...things didnt go too wel....
EvilJolly
Addict
Addict

Post by EvilJolly »

I don't think this is really possible, but if you make a chat room with a very randomized name like the ones AIM gives you by default people shouldn't be able to find you very easily.
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

i dont think it would be possible to make just an aim+ chat either....if you use the chat that aim gives to you with a lot of numbers most like no one will come in to your chat.......i mean how many people would guess a number like Chat No 15054197203248178481 i mean come on........
tone
EvilJolly
Addict
Addict

Post by EvilJolly »

Although just AIM+ chats would be difficult, and a waste of time to program, there is a way I can think of to sort of work around this. You could have an algorithm that AIM+ uses to generate a number based on the chat room name. Let's say chat room called aim5sucks would be translated into a number based on the ascii code of that room name has. So basically we would turn letters into a string of numbers. Even if we did this, how many people would REALLY care anyways? Seems almost pointless to me. If you want to chat with AIM+ users just click on their AIM contact icon and talk to them. I would suggest maybe a web based chat for the site, but I know how much traffic Ryan has already, and that probably wouldn't help, so why not officially designate AIMplus as a chat room for AIM+ using the AOL servers? Sound like an idea? Oh well, there's my 2 cents, peace.
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

wasnt it that in the AIM 4.7 and earlier i guess, didnt it automatically put your SN as the chat name when you invited someone? like "Plasma2002b Chat 12" or sumthin..... wonder why they went to #'s instead of that.... not like sombody would type Plasma2002b Chat 12 in by random or whatnot.

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

yeah it use to be like that and who would randomly come into your room and rufuse to leave i mean i know if i "stumbled" into sme ones private room i would get
tone
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

lol..... i never had that problem anyways..... i dont ever remember anybody EVER just coming into a room i made

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!