When is the new version coming out?

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

When is the new version coming out?

Post by Guest »

christ! i'm dying here! this program is great but i need a new version already with some bug fixes!
dangold

Support your programmers

Post by dangold »

If you'd like to support a great program, and (possibly) earn the priviledge to bitch about version releases, go to our donate page :)
-Dan Goldshlack
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

I don't have any intention of ever paying for AIM+. I don't pay for AIM itself why would I want to pay for an add-on?

Big-O-Software says -=[ 100% Free Software ]=- on the main page ... is he lying, or are you lying?
Last edited by Big-O Mark on Sun Feb 17, 2002 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

New versions are released when ready.

Post by Big-O Ryan »

New versions will be released when they are ready.
dangold

Post by dangold »

MookieNJ wrote: I don't have any intention of ever paying for AIM+. I don't pay for AIM itself why would I want to pay for an add-on?

Big-O-Software says -=[ 100% Free Software ]=- on the main page ... is he lying, or are you lying?
Software == Free

Donation == Voluntary Monetary Transfer
-Dan Goldshlack

Post by Guest »

that's crap, you basically just said pay for this product or you won't get a new version. what's more, i emailed you multiple times on trying to fix bugs including all the information you asked for and i even suggested you remote assistance to my pc so that you could see what happens and maybe have a better understanding of the problem, but i received no responses.
dangold

Umm. read?

Post by dangold »

I know that I may be new to this "english" thing (2+ decades is probably not enough to have a firm grasp of the language), but I don't know how the sentence

"If you'd like to support a great program, and (possibly) earn the priviledge to bitch about version releases, go to our donate page"

means pay for the program or don't get it.

To me, it means get the program, wait for however long it takes to get a new version, and when you pay for it, you can then bitch about there not being a new version just when you'd like there to be one.
-Dan Goldshlack

Post by Guest »

i donated so now i can bitch, so whens the new version coming out?
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

(If you think the topic of conversation developing in the posts immediately above this is silly, you needn't read this - however, if you think the new version of AIM+ is "long overdue", or you have a problem with the above comments regarding donations, this is for you.)

The previous poster has not donated, I can deduce this quite simply from the fact that no one ever has. I'm perfectly comfortable with this fact, and everyone who is having issues with this thread of conversation needs to understand that.

AIM+ is free. Donations do not buy you anything, because you already have AIM+, a donation will not give you anything more AIM+ than you already have. Therefore you cannot 'pay for AIM+', even if you wanted to. It is that simple.

Donations, however, are a form of support. So is posting constructive feedback, bug reports, suggestion features, or simply e-mailing and saying 'nice job, keep it up'. I appreciate ALL forms of support.

Asking when the next version will be ready, however, simply wastes my time.

If I have not replied to your mail or post yet, rest assured that I have read it, and please accept my apologies for the delay. This is a hobby project for me, and it usually has to come after I'm done with my work, my education, my family, my social life, and it shares the remaining time with my other hobbies and projects.

Contrary to what Dan stated previously, and perhaps unfortunately, you do not need to donate to earn the right to bitch. I think this is quite obvious, given that I see people bitching right now, and you have given me nothing.

Enjoy this privilege, and enjoy AIM+. Try to see if you can do both without entirely depleting my desire to release new versions of AIM+. [ It might help to keep in mind that I was using AIM+ months before anyone else - and quite frankly, I was content with that situation. ]

-Ryan
Big-O Software
Last edited by Big-O Ryan on Wed Feb 27, 2002 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

you suck
PsychoticPenguin

Post by PsychoticPenguin »

no he doesnt... AIM+ is hands down the best addon for aim I have seen. Yes there are bugs, but NO he is NOT obligated to fix them for YOU. How arrogant.

I personally know how time consuming a "hobby project" like aim+ can be. I have a load of respect that is has gotten this far. Just be patient and wait. Telling him "he sucks" is the surest way to make sure you DO NOT get the next release.
Nemessis

Post by Nemessis »

This is good software. too bad there hasnt been an update yet. hope you are still working on it.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

The new version should be out very soon, and trust me, it should be worth the wait. Just about every known issue with AIM+ has been resolved and a number of new features have been thrown in for good measure. My favorite is a cloneAIM feature that will allow you to run multiple instances of AIM at once from the same computer :).
-Mark
Big-O Software
Nemessis

Post by Nemessis »

I can't wait! got an ETA or should i just keep checking back?
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

ETA should be in the next few weeks, but just keep checking back for now. Another great feature of AIM+ 2.0 is the new Upgrade Monitor. As soon as a new version is available, it will notify you as well as tell you exactly what is included in the new version ... all while looking pretty damn cool :).
-Mark
Big-O Software