Help Needed.. (web hosting)

Website stuff

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Help Needed.. (web hosting)

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Things are changing, and Big-O needs a new web host.

The load of the website is pretty small, since the site is very conservative in its use of graphics/etc. Disk space usage is minimal. It's been hosted to date on two Pentium Pro 200mhz machines, on a 1.1mbit line. This is sufficient for all but our release days (when things get about 25 times busier than usual). php+GD, phpBB, phpMA, MySQL (MySQL usage is ~10mb)

But, the catch is, this is a no-profit operation, with a 0$ budget. We're really looking for someone who can afford to lend a helping hand in appreciation for our efforts.

The move must be finalized by 8/17. :)

So, any ideas or help are welcome and greatly appreciated (not just by us, but hopefully by the thousands of AIM+ users).

E-mail big-o@myrealbox.com if you think you can help.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Thyme
Addict
Addict

Post by Thyme »

I have two sites with dixiesys.com and I reccomend them... good service. Check out webhostingtalk.com for other people's opinions on everything.
Puns don't kill people. People kill people... usually with guns, knives, or something else physically threatening... puns just don't quite cut it... unlike knives, which cut a lot of things...
Punny Buddy Icons: assbuddy.tk
iSteve530
Addict
Addict

Post by iSteve530 »

thanks for the links Thyme

Good luck Big-O!
Furious George
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Furious George »

i can host you guys...

i give good hosting for good prices... ill just need to know how much webspace you need and how many databases php will be enabled blah blah blah. let me know if i can help you.
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.
scriptx
Just Registered
Just Registered

an idea

Post by scriptx »

if before/after/during your move to a new host you would like a mirror server, or, a mirror server for file downloads, let me know. i would be happy to help you out, so long as you promise to get that new version out. be well and best wishes. :roll:
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

umm... dood.... kinda late, lol.... coulda used that during the past few weeks, but looks like they got a new server now.

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
scriptx
Just Registered
Just Registered

yea..

Post by scriptx »

i would have replied sooner but the site's been down, i've been busy and when i do have time to get online.. i'm usually high. like now, come to think of it. anyway, i agree but aol always forgets one minor thing here or there. and just a word to the wiser.. if you have a pirated version of windows xp, do NOT install any of the new service packs for winxp or ie6.. they will notify you of running the pirated software, and probably notify microsoft of your identification. who knows.. it's just a button that's better left unpressed. time for some ut.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

The site has been back up for nearly two months now :). Big-O Software is generously hosted by Choopa.com, for which Ryan and I are extremely grateful. Their service has been nothing short of perfect!
-Mark
Big-O Software