Smaller chat window buttons

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

tyler
Just Registered
Just Registered

Smaller chat window buttons

Post by tyler »

Umm i think that it should have some options to make the chat buttons smaller and an option to hide the menu on the chat window.
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

yea... i was thinkin that too kinda.... like how AIM+ integrates intself with the buddy list, it would be able to do that in the IM windows and chat too.... and from there it could do changes etc.....

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
nunubutt
Addict
Addict

Post by nunubutt »

Ya noe, how aim has only a set number of colors? is it possible to allow a little aim+ option to change ur color using hex values? heheh
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

theres some hack/fix ghoing around that lets ya do that ya know.... just search sround for it... i dont know where its at... never felt a need for it...

lol, about a year and a half ago i was always doin colors and stuff... but latley i been usin the standard black times new roman :P

and usually for some reason, thats what i usually see the 'veterans' of AIM do, is use the default... lol, its like the colors are just eye candy for the new people a lot

not that thats a bad thing... its just kinda what i noticed

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
nunubutt
Addict
Addict

Post by nunubutt »

lol i use the defaults too. IM just to plain lazy to find colors people dont have. Im mostly thinkin bout profile but thanks. I noe i can go into info.html in my aim folder and change the hex values for profile color but i was hopin for somethin easier to work wit hehe
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

nunubutt wrote:lol i use the defaults too. IM just to plain lazy to find colors people dont have. Im mostly thinkin bout profile but thanks. I noe i can go into info.html in my aim folder and change the hex values for profile color but i was hopin for somethin easier to work wit hehe
if you want to do hex/html on aim here is your solution

http://www.yoro.biz/?exit=aimaddhtml
tone
cbarnes913

adding on to other ideas

Post by cbarnes913 »

yeah.. i am liking these ideas.. one thing that ive always hated about aim is that it is big and clunky.. especially in low resolutions.. one thing i like about aim+ is that it takes that clunkiness away when you get rid of the ads and things, but cant we take that a step further?

what i mean is, i use trillian because its skinnable without having to keep the actual window shape.. the problem, i find it isnt as functional as aim, because there are bugs, and since its software that uses someone elses network, it usually takes alot of time to work those out, and by the time they do, there are new ones because of new features on the network.. anyway, im babbling.. my point is:

cant we combine the two? i dont know if this is possible.. but can we take the infastructure of the aim program, and make it skinnable, or at least a bit less intrusive?

you can add and remove whatever things you want with the old aim+ (menu bar, ads, aim logo, either button bar, etc..).. how about making a NEW bar with buttons, or whatever, and make THAT customizable in itself, like how internet explorer lets you take out or leave in certain individual buttons to its toolbars..

something regarding the color you guys were talking about.. again, ill compare with trillian.. it has a feature that strips any incoming color, font, styles into a default.. so say someone that you wanna talk to speaks in magenta comic sans at 16pt with a yellow back ground.. i use 10 pt black tahoma on a white back ground.. if i set that to my default, i could make it appear on my window as the same as my text, or whatever i wanna set the senders IMs in.. this could also be useful for people with bad eyes (or the color blind, ME) to set things bigger than normal, or plain..

I LIKE AIM+ OVER TRILLIAN BECAUSE IT ONLY CHANGES THE APPEARANCE OF AIM, NOT THE FUNCTIONALITY.. THANKS BIG-O

(yeah, that was corny)