AIM+ causing "dial-up connection" box to come up..

Report problems you've had using AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

killcrap
Addict
Addict

AIM+ causing "dial-up connection" box to come up..

Post by killcrap »

i have a laptop, and i have aim+ installed on it. and i bring my computer with me on the road. and every time i turn on the computer, it would always try to connect to big-o-software.com even thought im not connected to the internet.!!
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

haha... i had the EXACT same problem.... my laptop i usually connect to my LAN and when i opened AIM+, it always opened up my Dialup Connection box wanting me to connect so i could reach big-o-software.... didnt have the problem when say i was already on dialup somewhere else

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

killcrap, Plasma2002b -

What more can you tell me about this? I'm going to take a look at this, because I'd like to make sure the upgrade monitor is isn't the cause of any problems.

What you are saying is that when you're on a computer that you use both dial-up and LAN internet connections on, it tries to start a dial-up connection when already connected on the LAN?

Do other programs cause this to happen as well, or is it just AIM+? Opening IE, does that automatically use the right internet connection?

Thanks!
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

well, ok.... this is how it is for me.

When im at home on my LAN, i usually browse fine, BUT if i try to go to a site that just doesnt exist or is down, etc. (pretty much any site that would say the infamous 'This page can not be displayed'), i get the dial up connection box. I guess windows is trying to connect to make sure that it just isnt my lan thats not lettin me view the site or sumthin.

But thats what was happening when i loaded aim+.... it was tryin to access b-g-o but there wasnt anything there, so it wanted me to connect.

When im sumwhere besides home and im on a dial up, i never get that if im ALREADY connected.... the page would just come up saying cant be displayed.... or in aim+'s case, just nothing would happen at all.

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!