Internet Explorer-like toolbars

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

cbarnes913

Internet Explorer-like toolbars

Post by cbarnes913 »

I am not a big fan of Microsoft, but I do like the IE toolbar. I like how you can add buttons, or remove buttons as you please. I would like to see a feature like this added to AIM+. I have been a trillian user, and one thing I like about it is its sleekness. You can stray from the original window as much as you want when configuring it. However, trillian doesn't function as well as I would like. AIM+ uses the actual AIM program, which I like. Its ugly! The windows are all huge and clunky. I love using AIM+ to simply remove alot of the toolbars, but there is probably something in every bar that I use.

If you guys can remove original bars, how hard would it be to add a bar of your own? I would like to see a toolbar which, like Internet Explorer's, can be customized button by button, so that I could have a button for preferences, buddy info, away messages, and even one for the menu bar, so that I could hide all the other bars. This would give me all the AIM features I need at a single mouse click, and would also allow me to make the buddylist window smaller.

Something else I also like about the IE toolbars is that you can choose to show or remove the text labels, and you can choose between large and small buttons.

These features would be great for people who want to simplify the buddylist, for those who have poor resolution and need to save screenspace, and for those that are simply annoyed by the huge windows.

AIM+ is great, and I want to ask Big-O to keep up the good work.
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

very creative idea...nice i like it
tone