Download Monitor

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

metallikop
Just Registered
Just Registered

Download Monitor

Post by metallikop »

Is there any way to monitor directories and recursive subdirs for incoming .sfv files, .rar, .r00, etc. files and check them accordingly.

If a file is missing create .r00.missing, and a file or directory at the start location C:\startdir\[incomplete]-[directory.name]\

This would be EXTREMELY helpful. I'd gladly donate a few $$ for this feature!

Thanks
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

You're not the first person to request a monitoring or scheduling option.. but I'm still a little unsure as to how this would be used?

Is it for a download directory, to check things as you get them, or for an ftp server's upload directory, to check things as they're uploaded.. because they're slightly different situations..

Anyway, everybody let me know all your ideas about how this would work..
-Ryan
Big-O Software

Post by Guest »

mostly download as I get them, but they'll always flow in to a specific number of folders. Example I download a 20 part .rar file to c:\download\location\, .sfv first, followed by the rars.

The program would spit out c:\download\[incomplete]-[location--0%]\, and location.rar.missing, location.r00.missing, etc. in addition to c:\download\[incomplete--0%] that would gradually increase depending on the number of files received.

Basically something like RaidenFTP or G6ftp zip scripts, but without having to run a server. Make more sense?

Post by Guest »

is it possible to have it monitoring a set of directorys and or a root directory, and auto-check the new files on a variable period? eg: eg: monitor c:\uploads\* and run every 45 minutes?

Running as an NT service would be nice, but running as a command line would be great too (run from scheduled tasks).

Post by Guest »

nice idea!! this is maybe too offtopic, but what about this monitoring feature that even checks a database or a file (with previous scanned and complete .md5's and .sfv's). so that the user could be warned about the files already being on the filesystem or files being altered by other users. very usefull for people having a enourmous amount of sets

anyway:)

id like to thank the developer for this very fast and usefull tool!!!