Translators wanted (please help Big-O go multi-lingual!)

Website stuff

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Translators wanted (please help Big-O go multi-lingual!)

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I added multilingual support to my code (it was fairly trivial). In future versions of Big-O software, you should be able to choose from the available languages in a dropdown in the preferences dialog. The website can also be multilingual, but at the rate we change the content, I don't think keeping it translated would be feasible.

I'm not really sure if there's any interest in native-language versions, so let me know if it's something you would use (if you're not interested, as I'm sure many of you aren't, no need to worry, all the time needed has already been spent :) ).

So, if you currently use your computer in a non-English language, please e-mail us (big-o@myrealbox.com). All that you'd need to do translate a list of words/phrases in a text file (< 100 words). Also, please let me know which of the Big-O apps you use.
Last edited by Big-O Ryan on Wed Sep 18, 2002 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Wurm
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Wurm »

Hi My name is Shawn and I am a Moderator (Wurm) at Sharky Extreme

One of our mutual members sent me a link to this thread, because he knows that I am an American who has lived in Germany for the last 17 years and that I work for a German firm. Since I am at home and my Windows XP was hosed yesterday, I wasn't able to send an E-mail off. I just wanted to let you know I would be more than glad to help you out.

PM me, if you would like me to translate anything into German and I will give you my work E-mail address, and you can then send me the list.

Nice board you have here BTW!

Cheers

Shawn
tsunami530
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by tsunami530 »

Hi, my name is Anthony Peng and I'm currently a student at the University of Virginia. One of my friends sent me this link and I was wondering if i could help translate into traditional Chinese...my email is tsunami530@yahoo.com or amp2b@virginia.edu ...please email me if I can be of use... thanx
Wurm
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Wurm »

I am still waiting on the E-mail with the list :-?
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Wurm, sorry I haven't gotten back to you in a while, but I am glad to hear that you're still interested.

I've been working with the person who originally translated hkSFV into Spanish on his own (resource hacking), to work out the multilingual kinks (it was easy to do, but there were a lot of issues that popped up). The string lists and even the code still need a little work.

In addition, I must figure out how I can use non-ascii character sets. At first, I simply wasn't planning to, but it seems that Chinese and Japanese are two of the most requested non-Enlighsh languages, so I really should. And I haven't decided how to do it (Unicode is very easy, for my part, but isn't fully supported on Win9x - I think there is another way, but I haven't looked into it enough to find it yet).

So, that's where I'm at. I haven't forgotten, and I'll try to catch up on my correspondence in the next day or two, and give you everything that I have so far. Thanks for reminding me to stay on track with this stuff. :)
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Wurm
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Wurm »

Not A Problem :)
Kotten
Just Registered
Just Registered

Swedish

Post by Kotten »

Email me at kottemakt@hotmail.com and I can translate it into swedish.
bimber
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by bimber »

i can do polish, trawka@comcast.net
orewaelem
Just Registered
Just Registered

translation

Post by orewaelem »

I can translate it to Japanese. I've translated sites into japanese so I think I'll be able to help out.
Give me a replay at hajimechan99@hotmail.com

Thanks
emperor

Post by emperor »

my translation's finished
edit: look @ http://discuss.big-o-software.com/viewtopic.php?t=1758
put that file into the lang folder in your hksfv directory
if you find any mistakes mail me! emperor2000@web.de
Last edited by emperor on Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Email me a list of phrases you want and I could probably translate it into Spanish. I know some Spanish and I also have some Spanish software. For anything else, I know some people who speak Spanish fluently.
DanMan2003

Post by DanMan2003 »

I can do Hebrew - Email me - l33tissw00t@yahoo.com
Last edited by DanMan2003 on Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gibran
Just Registered
Just Registered

Italian translation

Post by gibran »

Hi,
I have translated it in italian.
Some text gets cut off. :sad: and panes headings in preferences are stick to english.
SNiiP3R
Addict
Addict

Post by SNiiP3R »

I can translate it into Russian , email me ( chat@gamesny.com )
masken

Re: Swedish

Post by masken »

Kotten wrote:Email me at kottemakt@hotmail.com and I can translate it into swedish.
...or me :)

I REALLY liked your application. You should "market" this utility more, it's simply the best, but it was kinda hard to find ;). It does exactly what it should do, it's small, neat, and convenient. Good coding.

I've worked with translations before. My e-mail is in the PHPBB profile ;)

Thank you for this good application.