auto extend words

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

jester22c

auto extend words

Post by jester22c »

This is a lost post I felt would be worth reposting, lucky me I had it in cache :).
a big sombrero wrote:I know the idea of auto extending things like 'lol' and 'brb' has been presented but I would like to add one to it. to save the time of adding an email address, you could make it to where you set the keyword (such as 'my email') and it automatically sends your email address in its place. just a thought
jester22c wrote:Well I'm going to add one to your add one. Have a set of automatic hyperlink words. So when you type "my email" or "email me" (or whatever) it inserts the same text but makes it a hyperlink to your email address. The same could be used for "my site" or "whatever". That would really be handy :D
a big sombrero wrote:or perhaps a little button, like next to the smiley face, that you can customize and whenever you click it, it inserts the hyperlink that you customized, for example, make the button insert your email address in a link reading 'here' or something
jester22c wrote:Sounds good, but I'd want more than just one. Let's have the menu make a list (like the smilies one does) of them all.
waymon

Post by waymon »

That would be the coolest feature ever, it would be great for talking to older people, who dont understand the internet "lingo." Good idea!!!
"what is waymon?"
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Sounds like some cool features to have.