temporary blocking

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

jester22c

temporary blocking

Post by jester22c »

I think it would be good to be able to temporarily block someone, (ignore would be a better word to use) for:

X minutes, X hours, X days (I dunno why), till you sign off

Sometimes I want to get some work done but there are a few people I want to talk to and it's annoying to have to block people and then unblock them later. This would be handy :).
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

I like your idea Jester, I myself have a group of so-called 'annoying' people that I sometimes just would not like to talk to. And it is a hassle to have to block/unblock them all the time to make them think your not there.
jag2004

I like it

Post by jag2004 »

I give this idea my seal of approval. This would also be useful for when people start warning you and you want them to stop... all you really need to do is block them for 5 minutes and your cool. So this might help out alot for cases like these. I rarely want to permanently block anyone but sometimes for short periods fo time.
bigjesse

Post by bigjesse »

it hink all these block requests are possible, just take a look at your blst well mine:

Privacy {
allowList
blockList {
krazime420
lyeeathms
}
pref BlockSome
}

im betting it could just edit that, or sync it up with that
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: temporary blocking

Post by Michael »

jester22c wrote:Sometimes I want to get some work done but there are a few people I want to talk to and it's annoying to have to block people and then unblock them later. This would be handy.
You could always add those few people to your "Accept List."
nybbles
Addict
Addict

Post by nybbles »

This would be a useful feature for me as well.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Re: I like it

Post by Master Jedi »

jag2004 wrote:I give this idea my seal of approval. This would also be useful for when people start warning you and you want them to stop... all you really need to do is block them for 5 minutes and your cool. So this might help out alot for cases like these. I rarely want to permanently block anyone but sometimes for short periods fo time.
Blocking people does not prevent them from warning you. Signing off doesn't even prevent it.
fuuucckkers

Re: I like it

Post by fuuucckkers »

idejsecrofkrad wrote:Blocking people does not prevent them from warning you. Signing off doesn't even prevent it.
That is very true. I never thought about it before..
If you're talking to someone, and then get offline, and the other person does not close the IM window in which they were talking to you with..they are still able to warn you quite a few times. So when you sign back online.. you have a pretty high warning percentage.
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Re: temporary blocking

Post by Dice599 »

Michael wrote:
jester22c wrote:Sometimes I want to get some work done but there are a few people I want to talk to and it's annoying to have to block people and then unblock them later. This would be handy.
You could always add those few people to your "Accept List."
You could, but that's the same thing as blocking those annoying people and unblocking later because you have to go back into preferences and fool around. The point is so that you don't have to do anything to unblock them, it does it automatically after a specified amount of time. I like the idea by the way.
Official Beta Tester
ExploreAnywhere Software, LLC

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.