Preferences Randomly Cleared

Report problems you've encountered using hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Preferences Randomly Cleared

Post by Big-O Mark »

We're not sure why at this point, but occasionally hkSFV will forget your preference setting. Sometimes it loses all 3 sets (General, Checking, Creating), and other times it will only lose 1 or 2 of them. Hopefully we'll have a fix out soon.

If anyone notices this and the exact circumstances that caused and will create it, that would be a great help in eliminating the problem :).
-Mark
Big-O Software
SLeeVE

Post by SLeeVE »

I think I'm seeing this bug too. After a couple of times using v2.0.0 all of the text on the menus and buttons disappears, and when I go into the prefrences all of the checkboxes are unchecked. Is this what you guys are seeing too?
thursday

Post by thursday »

SLeeVE wrote:I think I'm seeing this bug too. After a couple of times using v2.0.0 all of the text on the menus and buttons disappears, and when I go into the prefrences all of the checkboxes are unchecked. Is this what you guys are seeing too?
Exactly what happened to me.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

SLeeVE wrote:I think I'm seeing this bug too. After a couple of times using v2.0.0 all of the text on the menus and buttons disappears, and when I go into the prefrences all of the checkboxes are unchecked. Is this what you guys are seeing too?
I haven't sen any text or buttons disappear, but having all of the preferences unchecked is exactly what Ryan and I have experienced.
-Mark
Big-O Software
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I haven't seen all the text disappear yet at all, and the disappearing Preferences has happened a few times (infrequently), but I can't get it to happen when I want it to, so I'm having trouble tracking it down.

The bug showed up just 2 days ago, after months without disppearing preferences, so I'm guessing it has to do with either the multilingual code (which is probably the only thing that could cause all the text to disappear), or the code for the preferences dialog itself.

Like Mark said, if you have any ideas about what we can do to make this occur, let us know.. I'd like to iron this one out ASAP.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
SLeeVE

Post by SLeeVE »

OK...I just got the text on all of the buttons to come back without re-installing v2.0.0. All I did was find my way into the prefrences, then i moved the cache size up a bit then hit OK. Then I restarted hkSFV and all of the text was back. I'm not sure if this was just a fluke or not. I might have been able to get the text back by just changing anything in the prefrences and not just the cache size. I'll try and reproduce it though. Can anybody else give this a try if it happens to them?
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

SleeVE: very good to know.. sounds like what happened is your language setting got wiped out from "English" to "". Since there obviously isn't a "" language file, you had no text (although there should have been an error about this when starting hkSFV..

So, maybe the bug is just in the preferences dialog after all, I'm still looking.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

This bug has been fixed for the next release of hkSFV.
-Mark
Big-O Software