idle toggling

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

inataysia

Post by inataysia »

Big-O Mark wrote: "Idle since last message sent"
"Idle for 'x' minutes"
"Idle for total signed on time minus 'x' mintes"
"Idle if 'user' is online"
i really, *really* like the fourth one :D

Post by Guest »

i agree, this would be an excellent feature id like to see in future versions.
bÜster

Post by bÜster »

i have 2 progs that idle and it is not like the hexed idlemon.dll where it logs how long your computer has been running, but one allows you to choose the minutes your idle and the other is just an awaybot with a built-in idle feture, if anyone wants to try one of these programs, to contact me,
AIM-bluelighttube
email-blighttube@hotmail.com
topwbmstr

[b]toggle aim with current hexed dll file[/b]

Post by topwbmstr »

if you have the idlemon.dll hack installed and want to be idle for what ever reason, (maybe if you want to talk to a person you dont want to know about the hack) you can toggle the away status quite simply, all you have to do is go to your preferences > privacy> and uncheck the allow users to see how long ive been idle click apply, and BAM your not idle anymore.... wanna go idle again? just check the box again, click apply and your instantly idle again! woo hoo! anyway looking forward to the new features of your next version of AIM+. especially the idle if "screename" is online. thats gonna be a great lil feature. great job keep up the good work.. :)

i have been looking for an idle hack for the last year or so with no luck. i even tried hacking the idlemon.dll file myself using hex workshop with no luck. but just tonight i bumped into this site thanks to tech tv's website. and BAM! mission accomplished! i downloaded the idlemon.dll and it worked great, so i put my thinking cap on and thought of this way to work around toggleing the status.
Hope it helped! :)

Top Wbmstr (AIM name)
bÜster

Post by bÜster »

it isnt "idlemon.dll hack" it is just a hexed version of the origional idlemon.dll, but you cannot turn it on and off so your stuck idle, and when your idle, the people on AOL 7.0 get the away massage pad so they might think your away. that is why i dont like the hexed idlemon.dll cuz you cant turn it off, so it would be a good feature to choose how minutes you can be idle
ZeroAvengerX

aim filter?

Post by ZeroAvengerX »

has anyone ever seen AIM Filter? why not take all the features from that... it has the idle thing you people are asking for, fake away messages and a bunch more (like punting, but i dont think that'd be a good idea to add to this program for obviouse reasons) but a link to the AIM Filter site is here:
http://www.ssnbc.com/wiz/
- Eric
Topwbmstr
Just Registered
Just Registered

Re: aim filter?

Post by Topwbmstr »

ZeroAvengerX wrote:has anyone ever seen AIM xxxx? why not take all the features from that... it has the idle thing you people are asking for, fake away messages and a bunch more (like punting, but i dont think that'd be a good idea to add to this program for obviouse reasons) but a link to the AIM xxxxx is here:
http://www.xxxxxxx.com/wiz/
no offense to you zeroavenger, but the url you posted has file that contain backdoor trojan as detected by my virus software. the back foor trojan allows some one to remotely control your computer and do as they please as an administrator. so,

MODS: Please REMOVE THE URL AND INFOCONTAINING THE NAME OF THE SOFTWARE
ZeroAvengerX

ummm... duh

Post by ZeroAvengerX »

everyone and his dog knows Filter has a trojan, but Robbie (the creator) only uses his "administrator powers" on one random user at a time, and there are a lot of them so the chances of him doing it to you are low, the only real problem with it is you're using his proxy to logon to aim so it gives him a little control over your comp if he decides to do it but it's never happened to me, and i am sure the aim+ staff could just take a look at the features and then get rid of the program, or if you want i think the source code for the Visual Basic version of the program (an older version) is at www.planetsourcecode.com (just search for it) but the main point is just to get some feature ideas it takes 5 minutes, not enough time for him to trojan you.
- Eric
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Well, Topwebmstr obviously didn't already know that it was malicious..

However, I think that the follow-ups to the AIM Filter mention should give any other curious users enough warning about that program.

There are other mentions of AIM Filter on these forums, all of which are accompanied by similarly harsh warnings. It is simply not worth running.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
ZeroAvengerX

aknowledged

Post by ZeroAvengerX »

we know filter isnt worth running compared to AIM+ (mainly because filters MAIN funcion was punting and protection from punters, which now no longer works)
the thing i was asking is: CAN WE HAVE SOME OF THE FEATURES FROM FILTER like the idle thing is included in filter, and fake away messages and a few other neat tricks but we'd like to have them available to us without the threat of a trojan.

now that we've all agreed Filter is dangerous can we just get the features from it? it covers about 5 of the things people are asking for.

here is even a link for the Visual Basic 6.0 source code to the latest version http://www.planetsourcecode.com/vb/scri ... deId=31752 the only reason i am posting this is so we get more features cuz some of them are cool.
- Eric
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

All of the AIM Filter features you have mentioned here have already been requested in these boards. If the reason why you want people to download and install the program is to see these features and get ideas, don't worry, we already have enough ideas here on the boards (over 3 full pages of Feature Requests!) to help fuel many future versions to come.

As for checking out the source code, I'm sure Ryan would prefer to come up with his own code for future AIM+ features, in his own style, rather than ripping off someone else's work.
-Mark
Big-O Software
ZeroAvengerX

point taken

Post by ZeroAvengerX »

ok *sees your point* one last thing:
do you have any idea when the next AIM+ will come out?
- Eric
buster
Addict
Addict

Post by buster »

the backdoor doesent hurt yuor computer at all, it is just for the people that mis use it (ex. boot robbie) if he sends a sertin string it sends him your ip and opens like 2 adult websites to get yuo back and we dont know what he would do with your ip, so if you want to use it just dont go crazy and most of the good boots are dead, but there is some features that are still kool to mess with
-buster
whosurdaddy

Post by whosurdaddy »

i think all the idling features should be put in, but i especially like the idle if user is online : :lol:
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

i mean i dont think that idle thing would be so great i mean maybe sometimes it could be nice to use but its not like a must-have feature...anyone agree with me?
tone