idle toggling

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

brock
Just Registered
Just Registered

idle toggling

Post by brock »

how about the ability to toggle your idle status? i know some versions of idlemon.dll will make you appear idle all the time, but it'd be nice to be able to turn it on/off, like an away message.

:p
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

I know AIM can already make it so you're never idle, so are you asking for something that will allow you to appear idle while active? That would be a neat feature if you're hiding from someone, but you can also just use an away message so people think you're gone ...
-Mark
Big-O Software
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Actually, being idle when you're at your computer would be pretty handy.

Mookie, you may think you're fooling me when you put your away message on for a while, but if I see you're not idle, and I know your AIM computer usually reports when you're idle, I know you're sitting right there :)

(or, I suppose, somebody else is using your computer)
-Ryan
Big-O Software
brock
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by brock »

i'm surprised you haven't already seen that...i've got a hexed idlemon.dll right now that makes it appear like i'm always idle, even if i'm at the computer. i just would like to have a way to turn it on or off (mainly so people don't catch on) ;)

do you think you can get this in the next version?
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Brock,

Please send over any information you know about this.. hacked dll's (preferably with the real one, so i can compare, or info on how you hacked them?) I don't have any knowledge of how that's done, i did a quick internet search but didn't see anything..

Just send it over, I'll take a look, you can post things here or e-mail them to me at big-o@myrealbox.com.

Thanks!
-Ryan
Big-O Software
brock
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by brock »

i sent you an email, but just so everyone has a chance to give it a shot...there's a lot of different pages that come up on google when you do a search for idlemon.dll

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%2 ... dlemon.dll

hope this helps! 8)

LOL

Post by Guest »

There is a way to be idle and still talk. I have a hexed idlemon.dll that makes it look like your idle for the amount of time your computer has been on. You can turn it on or off in the Prefrences its really easy. Just download the idlemon.dll from my website: http://www.beeznest.com and then it has instructions on how to install it. And for turning it on and off. Open up Your buddy list window, Click MY AIM > EDIT OPTIONS > EDIT PRFRENCES. Goto the privacy tab. Under the part where it says: "Allow users to see.... Check the "How long ive been idle" box." to turn it on. Repeat these steps to turn it off. By unchecking "allow users to see how long ive been idle. Its really easy.
-Josh
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

We're hoping to add a feature like this into a future version of AIM+. It would definitely be one of the ultimate ways to hide from people on AIM :).
-Mark
Big-O Software
sn0n
Addict
Addict

Post by sn0n »

yo bee,... but what if they want a way to change the ammount of idle time? huh.. huh.. what then? :-p

msg me..
BEE

Hey sn0n

Post by BEE »

Im not sure. But if you wanna look idle for along time just leave your computer on for a long time!
-Josh
Webmaster of www.beeZnest.com
I think adding a option in aim+ to allow you to set how long you are idle would be cool! Just and idea Ryan ;-)
brock
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by brock »

wow, i'm glad i brought this up. i REALLY hope it gets implemented. :lol:
e

Post by e »

This is a great feature.

Trillian used to do something like this. The program would count your idle time based on the last time you sent a message which I thought was an excellent feature. However it was removed in later versions.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

One of the best things about appearing idle is that you can ignore people or hide from people you don't want to deal with ... :).

The more I think about the possibilities of this feature, the more and more I'm looking forward to it. There are so many different ways I've been thinking about to get AIM+ to count "idle" time:

"Idle since last message sent"

"Idle for 'x' minutes"

"Idle for total signed on time minus 'x' mintes"

"Idle if 'user' is online"
-Mark
Big-O Software
iSteve530
Addict
Addict

Post by iSteve530 »

haha, idle is "user" is online, that is funny.
frOwy_bOy

hacked idlemon is based on uptime

Post by frOwy_bOy »

the hacked idlemon you guys are talking about .. idles the time that your system has been on since started .. the uptime .. just wanted to let you guys know.