Mailing list?

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

JeffK
Just Registered
Just Registered

Mailling list?

Post by JeffK »

Is there any way to get my email address on some sort of list so that we can all be notified when a compatable AIM+ is released for 5.0?

I think this would be a great idea if there isn't already a way.

JeffK
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

If you're currently using AIM+, you'll be notified when a new version is released (unless you disabled this feature in your AIM+ Preferences). Of course, the irony is, I have no idea if the notification will work if you are using AIM+ with AIM 5.0 (I just haven't tried that yet, it hadn't occurred to me).

If there's demand for an AIM+ mailing list, I think that's something I could setup pretty easily (I think this might be built into phpBB, I'll look into it). Let me know what you think, if this is something you'd want..

(of course, the people who would want mailing list notification most are probably not the people who chill on the forums every day)
-Ryan
Big-O Software
DanMan2003

Post by DanMan2003 »

Big-O Ryan wrote:If you're currently using AIM+, you'll be notified when a new version is released (unless you disabled this feature in your AIM+ Preferences). Of course, the irony is, I have no idea if the notification will work if you are using AIM+ with AIM 5.0 (I just haven't tried that yet, it hadn't occurred to me).

If there's demand for an AIM+ mailing list, I think that's something I could setup pretty easily (I think this might be built into phpBB, I'll look into it). Let me know what you think, if this is something you'd want..

(of course, the people who would want mailing list notification most are probably not the people who chill on the forums every day)
Well, i check out the forums almost every day, but i still think that's a good idea anyway, especially because i am using aim 5! Awesome work ryan, keep it up!
JeffK
Just Registered
Just Registered

speaking of phpBB...

Post by JeffK »

I have it for my band's website, I love it...
Thanks!

JeffK
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

ya this would be sweet... i would like it too
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
pmolaughlin
Just Registered
Just Registered

discussion mailing list

Post by pmolaughlin »

I've always liked e-mail discussion lists better than web forums.

Anyone can send a message to mailing list and everyone on the list will get that message shortly after.

:roll:
darkprince

update mailing list

Post by darkprince »

I do believe the topic to begin with was a mailling list for a mass email about the update for AIM+, not email discussion groups, if i am not mistaken. As wonderful as it would be to have an email discussion group, i actually wouldn't know, but that would have our wonderful programmers distracted by something else instead of working on the AIM+ update.
well, i've said it once, i'll say it again...keep up the good work big-o people!!!
-darkprince
btvillarin
Addict
Addict

Post by btvillarin »

FYI: There's a mass mailing function in phpBB built in...but only for the registered members.

If you wanted to have a mailing list hosted from somewhere else, a really really awesome, reliable and free service is FreeLists.org You fill out a form, and within a few days (I can't recall), they reply whether or not you're approved. It's for computer-related lists only, so you'll be fine.

It's really robust and customizable, too. You can set headers and footers, and there's no ads. All you have to do is email the email address in which you make announcements from, and it sends it out to the list.

I can't explain it all, and I'm not from FreeLists, but I rave about them because their support and service is totally awesome.

I can have one with my site, but I'd prefer another service to do it, in the event my site goes down. My lists is just for that purpose of keeping the few people informed when my site is down, and why it's down.

I hope this helps you out here at Big-O-Software! Keep up the great work! :)

Bryan
Bryan T. Villarin
btvillarin.com | My System Rig
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

I wouldn't mind being notified, via email, when a version of AIM+ that is compatible with AIM 5.0 comes out.
DanMan2003

Post by DanMan2003 »

I think its a good idea to be emailed updates. Its a waste of time to have an "email - forum".
Namo
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Namo »

yeah, it would be nice to be notified by email so I don't have to check everyday!
lunatic
Addict
Addict

Post by lunatic »

well i come here every day anywayz so it dosent matter but if i did get it in my mail that would help a lot since i am getting in my exams and stuff at school, i'll prolly b too busy to come here everyday... :P