When's the next version coming out? [Re: hkSFV 2.0]

Discuss anything related to hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

When's the next version coming out? [Re: hkSFV 2.0]

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I thought it fair to let anybody who's taking the time to read this know what's going on with hkSFV..

I started the first version in March of 2001, and the first public version was in August. My original vision for hkSFV32 was pretty limited, and it has already outgrown it's original structure.

A complete rewrite has been underway for a little while now. Although it's somewhat debatable, rewrites are almost always a bad thing. The good news is that the next version of hkSFV will include almost every feature that's been requested to date (that I remember..), and a whole lot of my own ideas. The bad news, of course, is that it isn't ready yet; and the next release will have its share of silly new bugs. It should be a lot easier and quicker to update than the last version, though.

It won't exactly be ready soon (I've yet to put together a single beta build), but keep an eye on us in the next few weeks. And post your feature requests now, any ideas you've got..

Please post your feature requests to the hkSFV32 Feature Request forum, though :).

It's going to be smaller, cleaner, and faster, with a sleeker interface, and some very cool new features.
-Ryan
Big-O Software