OnMouseOver transparency feature

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Merlyn3D
Just Registered
Just Registered

OnMouseOver transparency feature

Post by Merlyn3D »

It'd be great to have the AIM window lose it's transparency when the mouse hovers over it. A similar winamp plugin does this and it'd just make AIM+ complete.
Nemessis

Post by Nemessis »

Winamp does this in version 3.0 and with a plugin for version2.x. its a neat little feature.
inataysia

Post by inataysia »

i'd just like to second this -- i came back to these forums with the intention to post a request for a similar feature. i was thinking it might be useful for other people to have the buddy list lose its transparency configurably also when it has the focus. so like in the preferences maybe have two more options:

[X] buddy list loses transparency on MouseOver
[X] buddy list loses transparency with focus

... don't know which would be easier to implement.
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Losing transparency when the window has focus is already implemented in the next version (it is optional, of course).

Losing transparency on mouseover seems like a very x-windows (or x-mouse) type thing (like you see often on *nix systems). Actually, if you use TweakUI to set X-Mouse on, it'd work this way :) I hadn't thought of it making it an option like you've mentioned.

Features for the next version are pretty much locked down by now, but if you still want the mouseover option, post again here after you've played with the next version! I don't think it would be that hard to add.
-Ryan
Big-O Software