View history as one long file

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

hoozdapimp

View history as one long file

Post by hoozdapimp »

I was wondering if it was possible to make it so that when viewing a history for a certain buddy, if there could be switch that would combine all history for that buddy into one long display instead of having to search day by day...this is especially useful if you're looking for something that you talked about a long time ago and have no general idea where to even start looking...
of course history would still be seperated by days and logged by days, but you could have a switch that would enable you to view all history in one file.
RansomedCaptive

Post by RansomedCaptive »

would that not mean you would have to store two copies of each conversation you have--one copy being the division by day and the other the division based on each buddy.

that or big-o could create a command option that would concatenate the daily conversations.

but still, it all seems a little much to me. why not just use windows' search and use the option "containing text"?
hoozdapimp

Post by hoozdapimp »

no all you have to do is choose whether to load all conversations into ram or read them one by one into history viewer. you would still only need to keep one history dialog
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

No, you definitely wouldn't load it into RAM. That's not a good idea. But my homemade history viewer will allow for viewing in one long file. Look here: http://discuss.big-o-software.com/viewtopic.php?t=1631