Email Abuse (Klez)

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

well that keeps klez off your machine. But the reason your even GETTING then is that klez infected somebody else and your email got put on theyre list.

whoever the person is, THATS who needs to get rid of klez...... this is the problem im trying to solve.

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

how do u know if you have it??
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

You can obtain a tool to detect and remove Klez, here:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/av ... en@mm.html

This issue is no longer related to the forums at all, since all e-mail addresses are now unavailabe (all the time, to everyone).

Still, the link above good information and a useful tool, and if you want to discuss the virus, go ahead..
-Ryan
Big-O Software
king dude
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by king dude »

i today i checked my e-mail for the first time this week and i had about 40 e-mails with the subject "Returned Mail:User Unknown" they all had attachment files that were mainly named by words from led zeppelin songs.Do i have the virus and if i do how do i get rid of it?
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I'm not saying it again.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Marth and Roy

Post by Marth and Roy »

Well i know this is a little late lol. But i might have Klez because my freind keep sending me Emails but they werent from her and i opened one,because i thought it was my friend sending it, and there was nothing but there was an attachment i think. So i guess i should get the Klez thing. So all i do it go to that site, download it, and then go to safe mode and run it right?
D-D-Di-Did I-I-I St-St-Studder?.
Hoked on Fonics worcks for I!!!
Marth and Roy
Marth and Roy

OK listen to this

Post by Marth and Roy »

This is really important on a different program that gets rid of Klez and its easier to use and it works on more then just Klez viruses

OK here we go. I Downloaded the "FixKlez" thing from the site that i got on this topic and i did everything i was suppose to do and i ran it in safe mode and It didnt find a virus which is good.

But just last nite i was really bored because there is nuthing to do at my new house and so i was messing with my computer and found that for some reason it didnt come with an Anti Virus. So i went to this site i had on my Favorites and downloaded the best one i could find out of the free ones. Anyways the one i downloaded was suppose to find and destory 50,000 different types of viruses and for some of them it lockes them away in a "virus vault" on your computer so it cant get out and do any damage.

So after i ran the Klez removal program and found that there wasnt a Klez virus on my computer i remembered that last nite after i ran my new Anti Virus Program that this program had found one and so i opened up the file, went to the log (the log tells you when and where the virus was found), and i clicked on "virus description" and it said it was the Klez virus. It was found in a file that my mom had gotten from a friend and thought it was safe so she downloaded it and opened it but it wouldnt do anything when opened. So even thought the virus had been deleted, naturally i delelted the whole file.

So what i am trying to say is this new Anti Virus i found online was not made especially for the Klez virus but it still got rid of it. This program also checks emails, and does a random check of your whole harddrive, along with letting you run the program anytime you want. This program is really good and i am really glad that it found the Klez virus because it is alot easier to use then the "FixKlez" program and it finds more than just the Klez Virus (sorry if i am repeating myself lol)

OK so if anyone want this program go to
http://www.majorgeeks.com/article.php?sid=886&cat=29

This should bring you the the program descripition site and then you just want to click "download from: author". This is one of the best Antivirus programs i have ever seen.(well at least for free online) I think its better than the NAV that comes with most Windows [except for mine :(].

If that site doesnt work try this.
1) go to http://www.majorgeeks.com
2) Click on the link marks "Anti-Virus" Under "Files" on the left side of the site.
3)Click on the Link "AVG Free Edition 6.0 Build 427" it is the 6th program down and its lables as "Freeware", it has to have anyversion of Windows to work, and its "5.2Mb" in size.
4)after you go there it will bring you to the descrition page and will tell you the programs features.
5) On the right side at the bottom of a table it will say "Download From:" and will give you a list of 3 things you want to click "Author" (which should work but if it doesnt try the next one on the list).
6) After you click on that the file should download on its on Lol i type to much.

Trust me this is a really good program and this site also has alot more programs for different things. (i am sure someone has been to this site before because i think i found the site from this forum.) OMG i hope i dont get it trouble for posting this. Its not spam or anything its just an easier way to get rid of the Klez virus alot with many others :D
D-D-Di-Did I-I-I St-St-Studder?.
Hoked on Fonics worcks for I!!!
Marth and Roy
Pappi
Just Registered
Just Registered

email viruses and ICQ

Post by Pappi »

this is *really* late, but since i see quite a few people here with ICQ, i thought i'll mention it anyway. a few months back i had the same problem with klez. i was getting a few each week or so, and even though my anti-virus software (pc-cillin 2000, it's pretty good) catches it every time, it was still annoying. then a friend of mine suggested that i take my email address off ICQ, after that, the amount of those emails dramatically decreased.
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

Plasma2002b wrote:*sigh..........*

i guess im gonna have to take care of this problem myself... :-?

ok.... just dont get pissed at me... not like im gonna do anything bad or nuthin,

epic

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Re: Email Abuse (Klez)

Post by Master Jedi »

Seeing this reminded me of something my sister found a decade ago when our SMTP server got afflicted with a virus.

To the tune of "I only want to be with you"
I don't know what it is that made my PC die
I only know it makes me really want to cry
It's called 'Klez' or something
What can it be?
Ever since that email it's infected me
Now my PC's kaputt
I only want the thing to boot

Not only is a virus there called Lissajou
I think I've picked up Nimda and Melissa, too
McAfee is helpless, it's been a while
I never could download that anti-virus file