Reparent Feature

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

allamala

Reparent Feature

Post by allamala »

i wonder if that is possible in hdSFV (i havn't been able to find it out myself and was unable to find it in the faq)
here's what i want to do:
i have files on my hd, burn them down ,create an sfv on the hd for the files and check the files on the CD with that sfv...
is that somehow possible with dhSFV? always when i open an SFV file it only checks the files in the folder where its located and i see no option to select folder
thx for help..
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

You can really do this with hkSFV right now. I usually make the SFV before I burn, put it on the CD, then check them right on the CD afterwards.

I should add features to allow you to do this, though. For one, you could create an SFV from your CD files, and place the SFV somewhere else, then you could check the files on your hard disk with it. You could also "reparent" the SFV, so that you could have it on your hard drive, but use it to check files in another location (your CD).

I'll try to work on these ASAP, it shouldn't be too tricky.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
jammy

reparent feature

Post by jammy »

Just wanted to add that a reparent feature would be most welcome...
using v2.0.1 b84
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

A reparent feature needs to be included in a future release of hkSFV. The ability to create an .SFV of the files on a cd, place it on your hard drive, and then use hkSFV to check the files on the cd would be really handy :D.

The version of hkSFV in development has eliminated the CD related creation bugs so you can now make an .SFV on your hard drive of files on a CD. However, without the reparent feature, you can't use hkSFV to verify .SFVs of this nature :sad:.
-Mark
Big-O Software
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

This feature has been added for the next release of hkSFV. For more information on how it will work, read here:

http://discuss.big-o-software.com/viewtopic.php?t=3826
-Mark
Big-O Software