Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

Nope I have 5.2.3129
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

I haven't been able to reproduce this problem on any computer with any version of AIM or any operating system. I'm fairly certain I didn't change the dependencies. I'm going to make a dependency list and post it here. Tell me if you're missing any of the files.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

These are all the controls referenced by my program. You need to have ALL of them for it to work properly. Each file should be located in C:\Windows, C:\Windows\System32, or C:\Windows\System

Uses1=msvbvm60.dll
Uses2=OLEAUT32.DLL
Uses3=OLEPRO32.DLL
Uses4=ASYCFILT.DLL
Uses5=STDOLE2.TLB
Uses6=COMCAT.DLL
Uses7=scrrun.dll
Uses8=MSCOMCTL.OCX
Uses9=MSCOMCT2.OCX
Uses10=comdlg32.ocx
Uses11=TABCTL32.OCX
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to find what might be causing the recent problems. I've gone over all the code I changed. (Please note that this program has a LOT of code -- enough to fill a small novel of 350 pages or so). I didn't save an older build, and I'm beginning to regret it. I also noticed another problem I need to fix. When the program actually decides to work, if you click no on the activation alert, it continues to pop up every time you run the viewer. That should be an easy fix, but as for your other problems, I'm still looking.

Edit: Ok...I released another revision (v 2.2.2 -- I've passed AIM+ in version number :lol: ). Perhaps it will work.
go figure

Post by go figure »

i'm having the same problem that dadink was having. When I first open up your history viewer from the setup installation, it works fine, but I can't open it up otherwise. When I try to open it up from AIM, I hear a sound that's like a program error and it won't open. I had the latest beta version of AIM and I thought maybe that was the problem, so I re-DLed AIM 5.1, but the history viewer still doesn't work. I also installed the "required files" and the VB installer files that you said to install, but it still doesn't work... what am i missing? :sad:
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

But mine works now. I have AIM 5.2.3139. It wasn't working with the latest beta.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

go figure wrote:i'm having the same problem that dadink was having. When I first open up your history viewer from the setup installation, it works fine, but I can't open it up otherwise. When I try to open it up from AIM, I hear a sound that's like a program error and it won't open. I had the latest beta version of AIM and I thought maybe that was the problem, so I re-DLed AIM 5.1, but the history viewer still doesn't work. I also installed the "required files" and the VB installer files that you said to install, but it still doesn't work... what am i missing? :sad:
Try running the history viewer from its shortcut instead of the AIM+ menu in AIM. (Start->Programs->AIM+->AIM+ History Viewer) Tell me if you still have the same problem.
Arienette
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Arienette »

I tried to download the replacement viewer but it says
"Run time error '339': component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid' when I click setup. did I do something wrong?
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

It's already been mentioned numerous times in this thread. Master Jedi is trying to figure out why it happens.
go figure

Post by go figure »

Yeah, even when I go to it from the start menu, I still get that program error sound and it doesn't open.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Arienette wrote:I tried to download the replacement viewer but it says
"Run time error '339': component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid' when I click setup. did I do something wrong?
I already have the answer to this particular question...you're missing one of the required controls. Download this zip file and extract it to %windir%\SYSTEM32 (where %windir% is the path to windows, usually "C:\Windows" or "c:\winnt")

http://discuss.big-o-software.com/download.php?id=134
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

go figure wrote:Yeah, even when I go to it from the start menu, I still get that program error sound and it doesn't open.
Try this:

Run regedit. Browse to the path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Big-O\AIM+. If any o the following values are present, remove them:

ActivationCode
HisViewAutoParse
HisViewLast
HisViewLookBeforeParse
HisViewPass
HisViewRecycle
HisViewStartUp
MergeHeadBC
MergeHeadFC
MergeHeadFontFace
MergeHeadFontSize
MergeHeadOrient
StatDateFormat
StatGraphHeight
StatGraphType
StatGraphWidth

Extract the attached ZIP file to your AIM+ path, overwriting the file if it's present. (It's the default settings.)

Also, as I said in my above post...you need to have ALL of these files present in your system32 directory. They total over 4 megs so I can't post them. Copy this string and paste it into a search of c:\windows\system32:
msvbvm60.dll;OLEAUT32.DLL;OLEPRO32.DLL;ASYCFILT.DLL;STDOLE2.TLB;COMCAT.DLL;scrrun.dll;MSCOMCTL.OCX;MSCOMCT2.OCX;comdlg32.ocx;TABCTL32.OCX
Attachments
settings.zip
(568 Bytes) Downloaded 182 times
go figure

Post by go figure »

erm, what do I open the file with? it's a .jedi extension..
go figure

Post by go figure »

oh. I get it. Ok, I extracted the file into my AIM+ folder. and I did the other stuff, too. It still doesn't work..
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

It works for me Now! I also Noticed it takes very little time to start, before I had to wait like 30 secs, My Laptop Only Has A Pentium... :roll: