I've never used it
54%

Total votes: 41

Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

I made a replacement history viewer

Post by Master Jedi »

To download the viewer, go here: http://www26.brinkster.com/idejsecr/HisView/hisview.asp

That's right. I got tired of not being able to search the history with the history viewer, so I made my own. Email me (darkforcesjedi@ec.rr.com) if you want the source code.

Details:
-It WILL allow you to search the history (must specify at least one criterion).

It should be pretty easy to figure out. Extract and run the installer.

Note: First.html is the file that will be displayed when the viewer is started.

Questions? Comments? Post here or email me.

Edit: I'm just going to keep posting updates right over top of this one, so the download counter will keep resetting.

-Added an icon and fixed some things...
-What everyone's been waiting for: IT ACTUALLY DISPLAYS FONT COLORS AND BACKGROUNDS CORRECTLY
-A merge option to merge all convo's between 2 people
-SMILEY DISPLAY
-Improved "By Local User" display...optimized for large history

Version 2:
-Did a lot of work. Hopefully the color display is working right now. It works for all 400+ of my log files, some of which I saved manually before I had AIM+. However, the process is quite slow.
-Fix for search function and option to search for text within logs (slow)
-Some added options (under the help menu), and it remembers them when you exit and restart it.
-Basic help in the first.html file (needs work).
-Tree icons
-Fixed control sizing issue with Windows XP
-Some AIM links added to the Action menu.
-About boxes can be moved as well.
-Some more fixes (I screwed up the search function in the last release)
-Another fix--the program would hang when changing from By Date mode to By Local User mode
-Password protection...go to Help | Options to implement (for this reason I have stopped providing source code)
-Won't crash for AIM 5.X users (sorry about that)
-Status bar with history statistics
-Text Art fix
-Fix for DeadAIM logs
-Another fix
-Irreversible encryption for passwords, so I'll start distributing source again
-A few minor fixes and changes
-An actual help file! (It's not so good at the moment, I'll work on it)
-New first.html file
-Added support for DeadAIM
-Better searching
-Search for multiple screennames (separate by commas, ie: "MySN1,MySN2"
-Assorted other stuff
-Wrote an installer for all those people who ask how to install it
-Switched registry access from scripting to API (makes the exe 5kb larger but should stop annoying Norton AntiVirus)
-Fixed a stupid error on my part that made the installer clone AIM rather than run the history viewer...lol
If the viewer will not run, try downloading and installing the VB6 runtime files here: http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... n60sp4.exe

Also, try the required files attacment. Most computers already have the necessary controls and runtime files, so I would suggest first installing the viewer and seeing if it works before downloading these other things.

Attachments
required controls.zip
These controls are required for my program to work. Put them in C:\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\windows\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\system32 (assuming your windows directory is c:\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\windows)
(994.45 KiB) Downloaded 2870 times
Last edited by Master Jedi on Mon May 05, 2003 4:42 pm, edited 47 times in total.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

:oops: Oops...it's case sensitive. Here's a fix. Also with more search options.

Edit: Look above, I replaced it with the working version.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

New version: able to sort by date, so you can see who you were talking to on what day. (I saw someone had suggested that for the history viewer.)
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

8)
-Ryan
Big-O Software
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

that was pretty nice i would like to see the source code if you would
tone
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Source...

I think it could probably use a better icon than the default VB one.

Edit: Oh yeah...this source is newer than the viewer above. It's a work in progress...
Attachments
source.zip
(7.61 KiB) Downloaded 686 times
Ymeaga1n

Re: I made a replacement history viewer

Post by Ymeaga1n »

idejsecrofkrad wrote: Details:
-It will NOT automatically go to the current IM session in the history if you open the history from an IM window.
-It WILL allow you to search the history (must specify at least one criterion).
I like the 2nd thing you did for the search thing but as for the first thing...im going to have to argue that one i liked it like that. I mean if i was in an IM box with someone and i needed to remember something that i talked about with THAT person i was just go to the AIM + menu in the IM box and it would directly open it. If i wanted it to go to just the history i normally just use the one on aim interface. After all...once the history is open your going to have the pick the SN of the history you want to see. Chances are it might be the person it opens it with. I dunno but if you plan on implementing (?? lol) it into the AIM + I would rather you guys make it an option then :-? . Thx....don't get me wrong man I like the thing you did.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Sorry. I did plan on adding it. I just had to figure out how. But it's done now. (This has got to be the 4th or 5th version I've posted here...)

Edit: I would recommend people stop downloading this. This is version 1 people! I don't know what you want it for.
Attachments
hisview.zip
(13.51 KiB) Downloaded 811 times
Last edited by Master Jedi on Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ymeaga1n

Post by Ymeaga1n »

idejsecrofkrad wrote:Sorry. I did plan on adding it. I just had to figure out how. But it's done now. (This has got to be the 4th or 5th version I've posted here...)
lol i just noticed you had the soucre code...you should edit your other posts with it and attach it to the most recent one to your first post so people get it easier.
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

yeah try to use the least amount of posts as you can.....but that nice work except for the icon lol
tone
Ymeaga1n

Post by Ymeaga1n »

Aww damn i wanted to see the soucre code :(....i downloaded it and tried to use Visual Studio .NET to open the project file and when i tried it said i have to upgrade it to .NET or something like that and it couldn't continue cuz i got an error message saying....Upgrade failed: Exception occured: The referenced component CommonDialog is missing a design time license..........i could probably fix it but im lazy right now i'll check it out later lol.
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

idejsecrofkrad... just try to find out what info is being sent to the normal AIM history viewer.... its a seperate viewer thats called into play from the AIM+..... so, obviously theres some reference being passed to it in the plain 'air' of windows...... lol

i dunno... i havent looked into it, but try different stuff

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Sorry. I did plan on adding it. I just had to figure out how. But it's done now.
Already done...
Aww damn i wanted to see the soucre code ....i downloaded it and tried to use Visual Studio .NET to open the project file and when i tried it said i have to upgrade it to .NET or something like that and it couldn't continue cuz i got an error message saying....Upgrade failed: Exception occured: The referenced component CommonDialog is missing a design time license..........i could probably fix it but im lazy right now i'll check it out later lol.
Yeah...I wrote it in VB 6. It looks like you don't have a license for the CommonDialog control. You should make sure Visual Studio .NET is installed correctly; it should install the proper licenses. If it is installed correctly, I remember there's a page at microsoft.com that will reinstall all the licenses for you. You'll have to find it though.
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

yeah i am so mad because my C++ and VB 6 were both deleted i dont know how but they were.........if anyone knows where i can get C++ for free or something please tell me because i know i can get vb
tone
hoozdapimp

Post by hoozdapimp »

hey you think you could make an option so that all the chat history with one person could be displayed on one page instead of having to switch days?