10%
I tried it and it sucked so I don't use it anymore
No votes
I've never used it
54%

Total votes: 41

jff2k

Post by jff2k »

Nice prog! Sorting by Users/Date/Local Users is great! Searching is also useful!
Hope Big-O catches this idea and adds it to their next release of AIM+.

regards from Germany

PS: needed the MSCOMCT2.OCX and Comdlg32.ocx to use it.
Mercedes-Benz Fanpage - www.mb-portal.net
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

hey you think you could make an option so that all the chat history with one person could be displayed on one page instead of having to switch days?
You mean like merge all the files into one big one and display it like that? That wouldn't be very hard, I guess I could.
needed the MSCOMCT2.OCX and Comdlg32.ocx to use it.
Yeah, it needs the microsoft common controls version 6, MSCOMCTL and MSCOMCT2, and the commondialog control, comdlg32.
Last edited by Master Jedi on Sun Oct 13, 2002 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

File merger...[DONE]!
Correct color display...[DONE]! (A little buggy)
jff2k

Post by jff2k »

great!!! :D

the different background colors in one post are working! But there is a little defect: In an older version of your viewer (12.10.2002 00:55) I was able to view pictures (jpeg) within the viewer (when they are in the history folder), now I get an error message "Run-time error '62': Input past end of file"... :(

and one question: why have you added the the smilies but they are not shown in the viewer...
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Oops...I think I forgot to put the updated viewer in the zip when I put the smilies in...lol. As for the run-time error. If you can send me the history file that causes it, I'll se i I can fix it.
Ymeaga1n

Post by Ymeaga1n »

Aww damn i wanted to see the soucre code ....i downloaded it and tried to use Visual Studio .NET to open the project file and when i tried it said i have to upgrade it to .NET or something like that and it couldn't continue cuz i got an error message saying....Upgrade failed: Exception occured: The referenced component CommonDialog is missing a design time license..........i could probably fix it but im lazy right now i'll check it out later lol.
Yeah...I wrote it in VB 6. It looks like you don't have a license for the CommonDialog control. You should make sure Visual Studio .NET is installed correctly; it should install the proper licenses. If it is installed correctly, I remember there's a page at microsoft.com that will reinstall all the licenses for you. You'll have to find it though.[/quote]

I was checking all over the place to find out why it was doing that and from everything I have read...it seems that the problems start with your VB6.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... US;q194751&
There is a link to correct your license. I wish i could see the soucre cuz i am trying to go into programming myself and the program you made isn't something big that would confuse me lol it's actually nice program.
jff2k

Post by jff2k »

idejsecrofkrad wrote:Oops...I think I forgot to put the updated viewer in the zip when I put the smilies in...lol. As for the run-time error. If you can send me the history file that causes it, I'll se i I can fix it.
Yeah, now the smileys are working! It's not a history file, it's an image located in the history directory (a sub directory of a buddy of mine). With the old version (12.10.2002 00:55) it's been shown in the viewer, with the new version I got that error I've written.

To retrace the error, just copy an jpeg-image in a history sub dir and try to open it...

Have a nice day
jff2k

Post by jff2k »

Additional: Sometimes the viewer shows signs when clicking on an image, like "GIF89aém÷" etc.

Hope you find a solution - would be great if the viewer can display images, you've saved out of AIM conversations (with direct connection e.g.), as version 1.0.0 did. Possible you can add a feature which opens all files beside *.htm with the Standard Windows-tools e.g. rundll :wink:

Keep on the good work! I love your replacement.

PS: and another idea ;) Would be great if the left menu is resizeable.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Sometimes the viewer shows signs when clicking on an image, like "GIF89aém÷" etc.
Lol...that's the content of the gif file. The viewer loads any file it finds into the tree and if you click on a file it loads it into the view pane. Thus you can put any file in there and it'll show up on the list. But the routine that parses the HTML code for convos will probably crash. It needs a lot of work yet.
Possible you can add a feature which opens all files beside *.htm with the Standard Windows-tools
Not a bad idea...

I'll look into the image display thing.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Well, I think I've done it. Why not take the new version for a test drive?
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

idejsecrofkrad wrote:Well, I think I've done it. Why not take the new version for a test drive?

Looks good, thanks :) However the smilies only load if you put your history viewer (and included gifs) in the Aim+ folder. I downloaded it to my desktop to try it out and it assumes the files are where you're supposed to put them. This isn't really a problem but I just thought I'd let you know.
:D
jff2k

Post by jff2k »

Very good work with version 2.0.0 (wasn't it too early for version 2? :wink:)! All pictures are loading now :D Thank you!
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

No, it's definitely a version 2. The changes I made to the font color/background display were very significant. I ended up adding about 6 kb of code to the program, which is like a 15% increase.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Looks good, thanks However the smilies only load if you put your history viewer (and included gifs) in the Aim+ folder. I downloaded it to my desktop to try it out and it assumes the files are where you're supposed to put them. This isn't really a problem but I just thought I'd let you know.
Sorry, but the smileys need to be in the AIM+ folder. It desn't matter where the history viewer is though. You could run it from a floppy disk if you wanted to. But then AIM+ wouldn't run it when you used it to open the history viewer.
I was checking all over the place to find out why it was doing that and from everything I have read...it seems that the problems start with your VB6.
There aren't any problems with my VB 6, ymega. I have the authorship license, or I wouldn't have been able to write the program.[/quote]
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

idejsecrofkrad wrote:Sorry, but the smileys need to be in the AIM+ folder. It desn't matter where the history viewer is though. You could run it from a floppy disk if you wanted to. But then AIM+ wouldn't run it when you used it to open the history viewer.

Oh yeah I understand, I just mentioned it because if someone installed AIM+ to a different directory it wouldn't work, right? ah who cares. You did a great job :)
:D