Buddy Alert-when signs off

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

DanMan2003

Buddy Alert-when signs off

Post by DanMan2003 »

Who thinks its worth to get alerted when a buddy signs OFF?
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

I do, and I've always wondered why that wasn't implemented within the alert system from the beginning. I leave my buddy list minimized in the tray most of the time and I know when my friends get online because I have them set on alert, but I don't know when they get off so every time someone gets off I have to open up the buddy list again and see who it was...
:D
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Me too. I think that's a great idea.
Matt

Post by Matt »

its a good idea...but how would you get alerted??? would you do something like how msn messenger alerts you with the little pop-up window??? Isn't that copyrighted or something? I am just wondering because i have always wanted this, and i think its a realistic idea...but how it could be implemented?
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
DanMan2003

Post by DanMan2003 »

Well, in the preferences for "alerts", there should be something called, "alert me when so and so signs off", and pick a tone-i guess. ITs really annoying having to check my buddy list to check if people are online/offline
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

KooLTaB101 wrote:its a good idea...but how would you get alerted??? would you do something like how msn messenger alerts you with the little pop-up window??? Isn't that copyrighted or something? I am just wondering because i have always wanted this, and i think its a realistic idea...but how it could be implemented?

It should be a normal alert just like all the other ones...
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

plus when its in the tray if they sign on/off and you bring it up by the time you do it you dont know because the door (open or shut) isnt there anymore
tone
BigBadGangsta
Just Registered
Just Registered

Re: Buddy Alert-when signs off

Post by BigBadGangsta »

DanHab2000 wrote:Who thinks its worth to get alerted when a buddy signs OFF?
Well, IMO, it would be simple to do this : make a "Door" icon next to the, it will show a list of all people that have signed off (like Nickname : time) and stuff (this only lasts one session, so if you quit, it refreshes) and also include a "Clear exitted buddies" thingy so you can clear the list.
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

BigBadGangsta wrote:
Well, IMO, it would be simple to do this : make a "Door" icon next to the, it will show a list of all people that have signed off (like Nickname : time) and stuff (this only lasts one session, so if you quit, it refreshes) and also include a "Clear exitted buddies" thingy so you can clear the list.
I don't think he was talking about logging people's sign off but rather having an alert window pop up when selected buddies sign off. At least that's what I was talking about, and you confused me a bit as to what you are talking about.
BigBadGangsta
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by BigBadGangsta »

jester22c wrote:
BigBadGangsta wrote:
I don't think he was talking about logging people's sign off but rather having an alert window pop up when selected buddies sign off. At least that's what I was talking about, and you confused me a bit as to what you are talking about.
I'm sorry, I wrote that in quite a rush. Anyway, what I meant was, you know the AIM+ Prefs (the plus symbol). Well, next to it there could be a door icon that logs all buddies that have signed on or exited during your session. You could clear it by pressing a "Clear buddies log" or something.
DanMan2003

Post by DanMan2003 »

jester22c wrote:
BigBadGangsta wrote:
Ya, tha's what i meant. Like an alert window that says "so and so" has just signed OFF.
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

BigBadGangsta wrote: I'm sorry, I wrote that in quite a rush. Anyway, what I meant was, you know the AIM+ Prefs (the plus symbol). Well, next to it there could be a door icon that logs all buddies that have signed on or exited during your session. You could clear it by pressing a "Clear buddies log" or something.
Ok, there is a topic on that feature request right here.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

chippi wrote:What good is it knowing when someone signs off...you can't talk to the ------- cause they signed off.
So you don't have to open up your buddy list every time someone signs off to see who it was!
Matt

Post by Matt »

and also, if you meant to tell someone something, but you are told that they have signed off...you can use MS (message server) or something to deliever the message if its urgent...but then again, if its urgent, you would prolly remember to tell them when they signed on...but still...you get my point
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain