'Smart' IM sounds

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

FahDooS
Just Registered
Just Registered

'Smart' IM sounds

Post by FahDooS »

I like having IM sounds on cuase a lot of times I miss when someone types something to me. But other times when I'm talking to a lot of people it can get annoying. So for my idea...

Instead of the IM sound going off EVERY time someone IMs you. It will only go off if lets say you receieved 3 contiguous IMs with out responding. So basically its only going to sound if you "forgot" about someone, but not when your paying attention and respoding to them. Thus reducing the sounds to only times when you really need it to remind you about an IM. And possibly the number of IMs needed before sounding can be configurable.

Just a little Idea I thought of just now. Hope its clear, and can be something usefull.
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

i think the sounds are annoying so i have little tiny pops and stuff plasma made them very nice because it wont mess up your music
tone
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Yahoo IM has something very similar to what your talking about..

When you have their IM window active and talking..you dont hear the IM chime sounds..but when its inactive behind your web browser windows(not talking/ignoring someone)..you hear the sounds...
Matt

Post by Matt »

Where can i get the little pops that Plasma made...b/c i get annoyed when i am listening to a good song and i hear the stupid sounds.
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

or you could get them directly from the source at http://schwippy.com/AIM.zip :D

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!