Hide Away Buddies on Buddy List

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

GunnerMcGrath
Just Registered
Just Registered

Hide Away Buddies on Buddy List

Post by GunnerMcGrath »

These days with everyone having cable or DSL or mobile phones with AIM on them, my buddy list is almost always 50-90% away buddies. I would like a way to hide these buddies so that I can only see active buddies (another option would be to hide idle buddies as well).

Rather than just an option on a preferences screen though I'd like all away/idle buddies to either switch to an Away Folder, or have the toggle be easily accessed on a menu on the buddy list. So that way I can easily check out who's on and just away.

Great job with AIM+ guys, i'm really looking forward to the next version!
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

The reason I leave my IM one while I'm away is so that people can leave me messages, sort of like a 2nd answering machine. Most of my friends leave it one for the same reason and I frequently leave messages with away buddies so I personally wouldn't like this.
:D
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

That's why it would be an OPTION...I like the idea.
BigBadGangsta
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by BigBadGangsta »

idejsecrofkrad wrote:That's why it would be an OPTION...I like the idea.
I do too
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

lol nice idea.....i am one of those people on cable lol
tone
Matt

Post by Matt »

its a good idea...i'd use the feature
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

i am not so sure i would use the feature a lot but every once in a while because i have a group called away and whenever some one is idle or away i just stick them in that group so....the feature would be a lot easier to use
tone
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

idejsecrofkrad wrote:That's why it would be an OPTION...I like the idea.
Yes indeed, and what I posted was my OPINION.
:D
lunatic
Addict
Addict

Post by lunatic »

t0ne wrote:i am not so sure i would use the feature a lot but every once in a while because i have a group called away and whenever some one is idle or away i just stick them in that group so....the feature would be a lot easier to use
well may be when buddies go away they can automatically b moved to an away group and that would work better than jus making them not show up, this way if you dont like seeing your away buddies taking up the space on your aim window, this works and it also works if you want to see who is online you have to just check the away group... (Just an opinion of a newb)

OK I'm really late for school...
~LuNaTiC~
nybbles
Addict
Addict

Post by nybbles »

I agree here. I like the idea of the away group. I would find that very useful.
lunatic wrote:
t0ne wrote:i am not so sure i would use the feature a lot but every once in a while because i have a group called away and whenever some one is idle or away i just stick them in that group so....the feature would be a lot easier to use
well may be when buddies go away they can automatically b moved to an away group and that would work better than jus making them not show up, this way if you dont like seeing your away buddies taking up the space on your aim window, this works and it also works if you want to see who is online you have to just check the away group... (Just an opinion of a newb)

OK I'm really late for school...