Ability to search the Memberlist?

Website stuff

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Ability to search the Memberlist?

Post by DADINK13 »

I've got an idea that would make looking for specific people in the memberlist even easier: the ability to search for members by either their name, location, or email. Or at least the ability to jump to a certain page. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't like how if you wanna find someone who's name begins with an "R" or a "P" or some other letter in the middle of the alphabet. How about it?
lunatic
Addict
Addict

Post by lunatic »

i think this would help me a lot too... :lol:
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

i never really look for anyone but i think alpehbetical order would sound nice
tone
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

t0ne wrote:i never really look for anyone but i think alpehbetical order would sound nice
It already is in alphabetical order. Currently, you can sort the memberlist by the people who post the most, order joined, location, or by name. You can't actually search it.
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

o lol i didnt even know it that see how much i look through them
tone
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

t0ne wrote:o lol i didnt even know it that see how much i look through them
Well, let's theoretically assume that you're searching for someone with a name that begins with "R." At this moment, you would have to first sort the list alphabetically in ascending order, and then page by page click until you get to the "R" section. Tedious yes. Maybe it can change, yes?
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

maybe but i never use it lol
tone
Matt

Post by Matt »

one thing you can do is go to the address bar and change the value itself...for example:

http://discuss.big-o-software.com/membe ... C&start=50

that is the address for the memberlist starting at 51 (even though it says 50, its 51)...so, if you want to make educated guesses, you could prolly put like 700 in the address bar and see where that gets you...until you find what you are looking for.

The ability to search im sure is a mod, and i dont know if there is one out or not...someone with better phpBB skills can prolly tell you...or you could look yourself here... http://www.phpbb.com/mods/downloads/
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

KooLTaB101 wrote:one thing you can do is go to the address bar and change the value itself...for example:

http://discuss.big-o-software.com/membe ... C&start=50
Hmm....that's not a bad idea..but can it be implemented into the actual memberlist?