Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

A "little!? Its Been Almost A Year! LOL
emperor

Post by emperor »

well i assumed it would be alright since nobody complained about those 2 typos ...after discovering one of them while using HKSFV i went through the whole translation again to look for further ones. By doing so i found the 2nd one, today i looked at the whole translation again and decided to change something what has been bothering me for a long time when i made the translation:
-The word good means "gut" in german, however hardly anybody would use this word in cases of faultlessness.
-However i was unable to change it to "fehlerfrei" (->flawless/faultless) since there was not enough space in the statistics to write "fehlerfreie Dateien" instead of "gute Dateien" (-> good files), however i decided it's just fine if i only write "fehlerfrei" at that position.
Yeah i know it was really more than a little while but well HKSFV hasn't been updated either so i didn't think it was necessary to check it once again.
Oh yeah the board indexes don't seem to be accessable for me. I get following error: "Could not query forum moderator information", so i was only able to goto this post by using the search function, dunno what's causing this but i don't quiet like it.
edit: btw if nobody noticed it it's just fine and it also gives me a clear confirmation that nobody is actually using it 8)
emperor

Post by emperor »

For well fitting translation there'd be a need for a new feature, which would be following: the critial parts of the HKSFV translation is the
hide good (checkbox) pause (button) hide (button)
part.
Well at least for the german translations that's troublesome, for a frensh one it would be troublesome as well (yeah i also speak frensh)
well in german it would be
gute verbergen (that is the shortest form there is, but it's still too long), pause (normally the word would be "pausieren" but there's no space) and then "verbergen" (yeah vergergen isn't the best word either, however it's shorter than verstecken) compare it here:
verbergen
verstecken
:|
for a frensh translation it would be:
dissimule bon (fichier)
,fichier would be file ,it's not necessary but without it it sounds...strange...also bon, which is the direct translation of "good" isn't a good solution either and "impeccablement" should be prefered. (by the way is there a frensh translation yet? sorry, cannot look it up as i am unable to browser the board, hell do something about that :x )
all in all in frensh it would be
dissimule impeccablement fichier pauser dissimuler
well now compare
hide good pause hide
fehlerfreie Dateien verstecken Pausieren Verstecken
dissimule impeccablement fichier pauser dissimuler
well it's obvious that it just won't fit .Changes to the gui by making little changes in the translation file would make it possible to make them fit w/o resource hacking. Well to do something about that critical part something like that would be really fine

-hide good option 0/1/(2)
0: no change
1: use an extra line
(2: completely remove) ?
-pause/hide size xx xx
it would be fine to change the button size of "hide" and "pause" with something like that
100= complete space between the percentage bar and the << button
with that you could vary the space the buttons get due to the removing or replacing the "hide good" checkbox.
well, sorry if it has been mentioned yet, if not it might be worth thinking about.
oh yea as already mentioned i have problems with the board, kinda sucks, why the hell can't i properly access the board and get that god damn "Could not query forum moderator information" error,maybe there's somebody out there who can tell me ? please :cheesy: :cheesy: , i am really sick of not being able to see all current topics and it really sucks using the search to reach this topic :|
Matt

Post by Matt »

Mark is asking his host to fix the problem. It seems to be a malfunction in the SQL and may result in lost posts.

If you want, you can follow this link to search for all new posts... http://discuss.big-o-software.com/searc ... d=newposts

Also, you should bookmark this thread so you don't have to search for it every time.

-Matt
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
emperor

Post by emperor »

thanks for advice :D
fortunately it seems to be fixed now, sorry for my impatience which caused you useless work explaining it to me
emperor

Post by emperor »

okay i've recently (i wonder why???) been getting several messages from people who wanted to dl it but couldn't...fine...i upload it here again so i don't need to email it to every single one of them (just who the hell advertised this program in german communities?).
and btw i'm sick of writing the same over and over again so i write it here as well...
the old one i upped to the server wasn't backuped it was one with short forms in order to make it fit. Unfortunately i used a resource editor to make it fit for me. Therefore i only have the beatiful fitting version I use. And yeah i dunno if it's the latest version ...Have fun peeps..

Okay in letzter Zeit (ich frage mich warum?) bekomme ich häufiger Nachrichten von Leuten die es herunterladen wollen aber nicht konnten...gut...Ich lade es wieder hoch damit ich's nicht jedem einzeln per E-Mail schicken muss (wer macht denn dieses Programm eigentlich in deutschen Communities bekannt?).
Des Weiteren bin ich dem schreiben des selben Textes überdrüssig weshalb ich es hier schreibe...
Die alte Version, welche ich heraufgeladen hatte war mit Kurzformen um es passend zu machen, leider habe ich dies nicht mehr als Sicherheitskopie. Unglücklicherweise benutze ich einen Resource Editor um es bei mir passend zu machen weshalb ich nur die schöne passende Version habe. Und ach ja ich weiß nicht ob's die neuste Version ist...habt Spaß leute...
Attachments
hksfv-german-test9_compressed.rar
Executeable
(111.43 KiB) Downloaded 385 times
german.rar
Language File
(2.14 KiB) Downloaded 397 times