Windows Sliding

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Leet Haxor
Just Registered
Just Registered

Windows Sliding

Post by Leet Haxor »

How about making the buddy list capable of sliding like the windows task bar? It would slide out to and in from whatever side it's docked to but wouldn't resize all the windows (aka if it were docked). At the same time remove the task bar button, so that the only icon is the one in the system tray. I know this can't be too dificult because there is a winamp plugin that does this very same thing.
lunatic
Addict
Addict

Re: Windows Sliding

Post by lunatic »

Leet Haxor wrote:How about making the buddy list capable of sliding like the windows task bar? It would slide out to and in from whatever side it's docked to but wouldn't resize all the windows (aka if it were docked). At the same time remove the task bar button, so that the only icon is the one in the system tray. I know this can't be too dificult because there is a winamp plugin that does this very same thing.
hmm... the first idea... i dont get... second idea sounds good, me personally, i hate using up space on my taskbar with the aim... usually i have it minimized. btw leet may b u can explain what u tryna say wit first idea cuz i am kinna slow and i really dont get what u tryna say... 8)

~1~
~LuNaTiC~
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Leet Haxor wrote:How about making the buddy list capable of sliding like the windows task bar?
Hmm...not a bad idea..
Leet Haxor wrote:At the same time remove the task bar button, so that the only icon is the one in the system tray.
AIM already has a feature like that:
Preferences-->Buddy List
Make sure "Hide taskbar button when Buddy List is minimized" is checked.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Leet Haxor wrote:How about making the buddy list capable of sliding like the windows task bar?
Awesome idea.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

It shouldn't really be that difficult to do if you think about it. There are tons of programs out there that do such a thing, so why should it be hard to implement such a thing?
alienzulu

Post by alienzulu »

Leet Haxor wrote:At the same time remove the task bar button, so that the only icon is the one in the system tray.
Douche Bag wrote:AIM already has a feature like that:
Preferences-->Buddy List
Make sure "Hide taskbar button when Buddy List is minimized" is checked.
i want the taskbar hidden all the time not just when the list is minimized
Check this out it's really neat http://wolf.webcruiser.org/index.php?ref=19494