aim+ german ,anybody interessted?

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Are you interessted?

No, my native language is english
67%
No, i am German but prefere the english one
7%
Yes, i am German and i'd like to use a German vers
7%
huh ,what are you gonna do?!?!?
20%

Total votes: 15

emperor

aim+ german ,anybody interessted?

Post by emperor »

i'm able to translate aim+ using resource editing ,but i am kinda unsure if anybody would ever use it ...my translation of hksfv was only downloaded 2 times (it sais 3 but i downloaded it once myself)
so ...anybody interessted?
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

we are mostly english people....but maybe someone might be able to use it
tone
emperor

i guess you are right

Post by emperor »

shows me there is no need for a translation
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

From what I've seen, there is a good deal of people interested a wide variety of different languages, but your poll should prove intersting. Your hkSFV translation has only been around for 3 days or so, and AIM+ is certainly much more popular than hkSFV..

Also, your translation will probably be much more used when it is available on the main download page.

I won't be distributing modified resources, though, so I'm afraid you'll have to make things fit for now. I will look at hkSFV with all the current translation files I have, and give as much space as I can where it is needed, but part of the art is making things fit.. it will be tough for both of us to get it right, let me know what you're most concerned about (in your hkSFV thread, and I'll see what I can do).

The next-next versions of current Big-O software may have language files packaged as DLLs, with dialog templates, so that translators can do exactly what you did. This will require a fair amount of new code, and testing.. so it's not going to make it in this round. But we can have pretty good translation if I just give as much space as I can, and translators get creative where they have to..

Hopefully I'm not coming off as being unreasonable -- we have the exact same goals. The other major failure with the current multilang code is that it doesn't support multi-byte/unicode character sets (no japanese, chinese, etc). I would like to have top-notch multilingual support, but getting it working on all platforms is a beast (a well-documented, oft-discussed exercise).

So I will work up to it..
-Ryan
Big-O Software
emperor

Post by emperor »

i'll c what i can do 2 make the trans fit
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Hey Ryan, I think you should put a link to this poll right on the front page, or possibly on the download page. As people go to download, they will most likely vote on the poll as well. I know that alot of people that use this program do not come into the forums, and read this stuff unless their having trouble. If it was in the download page...everyone downloading would see it.

Just a thought. :D
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

emperor: Where you do find it hardest/impossible to fit meaningful text, let me know as soon as possible, and I will see what I can do, too. The only parts that should present any real problem (that come to mind, right now) are the status bar areas, and the buttons/checkbox right in the main window -- space is definitely cramped there, and there's almost nothing I can do about it. In the menus and dialog boxes, space should be plentiful, and I can make extra room in the preferences dialog.. Let me know if I'm missing anything..

xWastedMindx: We used to have polls on the front page all the time... in the old-school era. I would like to have more, I'll try to keep it in mind..
-Ryan
Big-O Software
nunubutt
Addict
Addict

Post by nunubutt »

I am takin german, if u do make it, i will certainly download it hahah just for my german friends n I only
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

Big-O Ryan wrote:From what I've seen, there is a good deal of people interested a wide variety of different languages, but your poll should prove intersting. Your hkSFV translation has only been around for 3 days or so, and AIM+ is certainly much more popular than hkSFV..
that is very true too i bet if you made it german in aim+ you would get a lot more downloads because it is a lot more popular...the aim+ has a lot more downloads than hkSFV
tone
lunatic
Addict
Addict

Post by lunatic »

hmm... well since y'all r thinkin strongly bout the german version. may be if you can... how bout somem like the word processor or somem, that allows you to change the language that you want to speak in, dat would help a lot... its jus a thought, 8)

~1~
~LuNaTiC~
Princess89
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Princess89 »

Guten Tag, Mine name ist lauren

Oh wow! I take German dancing, and we have to sing and speak a bit of it. It would be nice to have to exercise my german
Peace~Love~ and German Dance
----------------------------------------------------
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

Princess89 wrote:Guten Tag, Mine name ist lauren
Mein Name ist Lauren.
Last edited by Michael on Tue Nov 26, 2002 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Princess89
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Princess89 »

Michael wrote:
Princess89 wrote:Guten Tag, Mine name ist lauren
Mein Name is Lauren.
typo,gimme a break!It's hard 2 type and not look at the keys! :(
Peace~Love~ and German Dance
----------------------------------------------------