check the integrity of the rar's then create the sfv

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

honda

check the integrity of the rar's then create the sfv

Post by honda »

It would be nice if, upon scanning directories and finding a folder full of rar's and no sfv file, it would, optionally, check the integrity of the rar's then create the sfv. That would be SO cool. Nice program btw.

honda
redbo0m

Post by redbo0m »

i thought you needed an sfv to check that? or do you mean itll see if the file within the rars is extractable without error and if so, it makes a sfv for it?
'from my mouth to my ring all you see is BLING BLING!'
masken

Post by masken »

Would be possible with RARLab's free unrar.dll I guess... But personally, I really don't see the reason why a third party application should mime the functions already existing in WinRAR? ;)
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Re: check the integrity of the rar's then create the sfv

Post by Big-O Ryan »

honda wrote:It would be nice if, upon scanning directories and finding a folder full of rar's and no sfv file, it would, optionally, check the integrity of the rar's then create the sfv. That would be SO cool. Nice program btw.
I think that what he is asking for, is to have hkSFV create SFV's for folders where there are none, while checking -- insuring that each of his folders has an SFV, and also that the files match the SFV, in one click.

A step that both checks SFVs and creates them would probably be confusing to most users, but it might be valuable to have something an option for recursive creation that only creates an SFV for each directory if there is not already one.
-Ryan
Big-O Software