Forum Problem with Multi-Page Threads

Website stuff

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

nmrim
Addict
Addict

Forum Problem with Multi-Page Threads

Post by nmrim »

on certain topics (specifically 'i made a replacement history viewer' and another one that i forgot) all of the posts don't show up within the topic. it shows that there has been a post since the last time i visited but i can only get to the end of page three which was Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 11:25 pm. i get around that by clicking on the name of the person who made the last post and then searching all their posts. when going to the post, the end of the page always says something like page 5 of 3. is anyone else having this problem? if not...is there anything i can do to fix it?
jen

wish i could claim it but my soul is not that beautiful... www.normalform.com
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

It definitely isn't you, but unfortunately I haven't figured out how to fix those threads yet.

When you're at a forum index, on the far right (the 'last post' column), you can usually click the button with the arrow pointing to a piece of paper, to go to the last post on that thread -- that might make things slightly easier on you.

It seems something got corrupted in those threads, a little over a week ago, when the forum was down. I don't have a clue what's wrong yet, and unfortunately they don't seem to be fixing themselves..
-Ryan
Big-O Software
nmrim
Addict
Addict

Post by nmrim »

alright thanks....by the way...the other topic was 'what's your aim uptime record?'
jen

Matt

Post by Matt »

the way i get to it is when i get to the topic, the address bar says a number where it started, like 45...i just replace that number with 60; or 30 with 45...but its annoying...

example:
http://discuss.big-o-software.com/viewt ... c&start=45
to fix it, i replace the '45' with '60' (because each thread contains 15 posts) (i i usually put in 65...just b/c i know where i am...but 60 should work for you...) so it shows
http://discuss.big-o-software.com/viewt ... c&start=60

i have a possible idea on how to fix it...wat if the first person who posted on the last page we can see puts a link to the pages after it...for example, skaomatic (or big-o-ryan/mark) could put the link in his post...do you catch my drift?
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
nmrim
Addict
Addict

Post by nmrim »

seems to be fixed. :) good job ryan
jen

Matt

Post by Matt »

for some reason, i don't see that its fixed...maybe its because i use the digitaltwilight board style, but i really dont think thats wat the problem is...
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I made a change just now to these 2 threads which may fix the problem.

We'll have to wait and see, but if you notice any other corrupted threads, let me know (here) and I'll try to take care of them, as well.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Big-O Ryan wrote:I made a change just now to these 2 threads which may fix the problem.

We'll have to wait and see, but if you notice any other corrupted threads, let me know (here) and I'll try to take care of them, as well.
Good job. Thanks! :D
nmrim
Addict
Addict

Post by nmrim »

'Invisibility' seems to be another corrupt thread
jen

Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Invisibility thread should be fixed -- keep letting me know if you see problems with other threads..
-Ryan
Big-O Software