Continued conversation

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

alienzulu

Continued conversation

Post by alienzulu »

I've looked all over the board and i can't find a thread on this but i may be a moron. :lol:

Here is my idea:
Since conversations are already saved in the history it would be neat to have the OPTION to put the most recent conversation with a buddy in the IM window when you start a new convo.

Maybe a better way to say this is you could be able to close an im window but when a new window opened with that person the history could fill in the earlier conversation.

i think this would be neat. anyone else?
Check this out it's really neat http://wolf.webcruiser.org/index.php?ref=19494
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Re: Continued conversation

Post by Master Jedi »

alienzulu wrote:I've looked all over the board and i can't find a thread on this but i may be a moron. :lol:

Here is my idea:
Since conversations are already saved in the history it would be neat to have the OPTION to put the most recent conversation with a buddy in the IM window when you start a new convo.

Maybe a better way to say this is you could be able to close an im window but when a new window opened with that person the history could fill in the earlier conversation.

I dunno...seems like a wasted effort.
alienzulu

Post by alienzulu »

why do you think it would be a wasted effort?
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

It's certainly a good idea, and (surprisingly) has not been brought up yet -- although, it was on my list.. somewhere..
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

alienzulu wrote:why do you think it would be a wasted effort?
There are enough history logging problems already, and it seems this would make even more. Also, since the IM window is cleared every 65kb or something like that, it just means the window will be cleared sooner (or maybe not, I could be wrong). I think the other features they're working on are more worthwhile.
lunatic
Addict
Addict

Post by lunatic »

idejsecrofkrad wrote:
alienzulu wrote:why do you think it would be a wasted effort?
There are enough history logging problems already, and it seems this would make even more. Also, since the IM window is cleared every 65kb or something like that, it just means the window will be cleared sooner (or maybe not, I could be wrong). I think the other features they're working on are more worthwhile.
tru, i agree... i think that it is worth more to be working on some of the other features that were requested by like 10 people with 10 different threads... 8)

~1~
~LuNaTiC~
nmrim
Addict
Addict

Post by nmrim »

alienzulu wrote:Maybe a better way to say this is you could be able to close an im window but when a new window opened with that person the history could fill in the earlier conversation.

or you could just not close the window...
jen

wish i could claim it but my soul is not that beautiful... www.normalform.com
alienzulu

Post by alienzulu »

nmrim wrote: or you could just not close the window...
or they could make this an option so that i can get all the damn IM windows off my screen