Non Flashing IMs in Taskbar

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

king giggles
Just Registered
Just Registered

Non Flashing IMs in Taskbar

Post by king giggles »

Hey i just get really annoyed when i'm talking to more thatn one person and all of these flashing boxes are on my screen
alienzulu

Re: Stop the flashing

Post by alienzulu »

king giggles wrote:Hey i just get really annoyed when i'm talking to more thatn one person and all of these flashing boxes are on my screen
yeah i have XP and i keep my task bar hidden but when someone im's me then the task bar pops up and won't hide or stop flashing until i click on the im it is super annoying. anyone know how to solve this problem? :x
Check this out it's really neat http://wolf.webcruiser.org/index.php?ref=19494
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

That's a Windows feature; windows that need your attention flash in the taskbar until you bring focus to them. (Well, I know in XP you can set them to only flash a limited number of times using Tweak UI; I don't know if this is possible or not in other versions of Windows, but it might be.)
Chinchilla!
Addict
Addict

Post by Chinchilla! »

I agree. First of all (scenario):
Let’s say you have epilepsy, a Dell computer, and you haven’t used AIM for a few weeks because you’ve been on vacation. Now you go online and have 30 people IM’ing you. Dude, you’re getting a seizure! Also, Buster my chinchilla gets really freaked out when he sees things flashing, you know how pets are.

Ok that may have been too extreme. But the flashing really does bother me. Especially when its because your buddy has signed off, or IM's you with "OK", or some small crap like that.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Chinchilla! wrote:I agree. First of all (scenario):
Let’s say you have epilepsy, a Dell computer, and you haven’t used AIM for a few weeks because you’ve been on vacation. Now you go online and have 30 people IM’ing you. Dude, you’re getting a seizure! Also, Buster my chinchilla gets really freaked out when he sees things flashing, you know how pets are.

Ok that may have been too extreme. But the flashing really does bother me. Especially when its because your buddy has signed off, or IM's you with "OK", or some small crap like that.

Well, with the buddies signing on and off .. you can just turn the option off in your preferences. The thing I dont get.. is that you can turn off the flashing for 'buddy sign-off/on' and 'chat room messages recieved' .... but you cant do it with IM messages recieved. It just seems very strange to me. Anyone else agree?
lunatic
Addict
Addict

Post by lunatic »

xWastedMindx wrote:
Chinchilla! wrote:I agree. First of all (scenario):

Well, with the buddies signing on and off .. you can just turn the option off in your preferences. The thing I dont get.. is that you can turn off the flashing for 'buddy sign-off/on' and 'chat room messages recieved' .... but you cant do it with IM messages recieved. It just seems very strange to me. Anyone else agree?
haha i agree... btw while i am typing this i have like 10 flashing windows on my taskbar for real... and yea i am tierd of em... may b ryan and mark can do somem bout dat... 8)

~1~
~LuNaTiC~
nfelton
Just Registered
Just Registered

Not for all

Post by nfelton »

I know that most option in AIM + are optional with check boxes, so if this does become a feature, I just want to ask and make sure that this is something like that, because I keep my "BLING" sounds turned off, and I use the flashing boxes to tell me that someone is talking to me. :P
~*~ #1 Computer Kid! ~*~