emoticon glitch

Report problems you've had using AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

nrok311

emoticon glitch

Post by nrok311 »

i find sometimes after doing a direct connect and showing pictures to a buddy that sometimes emoticons will be replaced with usually 2 copies of a image i had show previously. sometimes also a horizontal line will be shown in place of emoticons as well.
fuuucckkers

Re: emoticon glitch

Post by fuuucckkers »

nrok311 wrote:i find sometimes after doing a direct connect and showing pictures to a buddy that sometimes emoticons will be replaced with usually 2 copies of a image i had show previously. sometimes also a horizontal line will be shown in place of emoticons as well.
I've never experienced this problem.

What version of AIM are you using? I would assume you have the latest AIM+ version (2.2.1 build 65). And also what OS do you have? 95, 98, 2000, or XP ??
nrok311

Post by nrok311 »

windows 98
aim 4.8.2790
aim+ 2.2.1 build 65
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Well.. Im using Windows 98(se) as well along with the latest 4.8 and AIM+. And I have never seen this problem. It doesn't sounds like an AIM+ bug to me..

Uninstall and Reinstall .. that is my only suggestion.
Guardian
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Guardian »

I've had similar experiences. I don't know if it's AIM+ related, but I do really think it is. I've uninstalled and reinstalled quiet a few times, but the problem keeps coming back. My emoticons also change in size after the window clears numerous times. You can just close the window, and reopen it to remedy it, but it's still a bug.

Windows ME
AIM v4.8.2790
AIM+ v2.2.1, build 65
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

that is weird has anyone on win2k or xp had this problem yet because it has never happened to me and i have 2k abd the only two posts on it were on 98 and ME so that might mean something
tone