Hotkey for Away

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Post by Guest »

Making a hotkey to put your status on the default away setting would be great
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

It's a good idea, especially when you need to get that message up before a certain someone sends you a message :).
-Mark
Big-O Software
frank

Post by frank »

GREAT idea. I hate running to get teh door and fumbling on the away feature.. Make it F8 or something

Brilliant

Post by Guest »

Add a hot key to turn on default away message! this would be a great add on!!!!!!! :D
sn0n
Addict
Addict

Post by sn0n »

i use a program called AutoIT to do all the 'hot keys' / 'macros' ill ever need.. seperate prog.. but it works fro me..

do a search on google.com for it..

ya

Post by Guest »

but it will be alot easier if it was added in with aim+
sn0n
Addict
Addict

Post by sn0n »

of course.. but god can only do so much b4 he makes it shareware.. i mean ryan.. :-)
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

hmm.... shareware, you say? ;)
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

HotKey for away presents the same problem the HotKey to pop up the buddy list window is currently posing - how can it work with multiple instances of AIM? Any HotKey, in either situation, would affect all instances of AIM currently running ...

How would you want / expect a buddy list or away HotKey to work when you have multiple instances of AIM open?
-Mark
Big-O Software
iSteve530
Addict
Addict

Post by iSteve530 »

well, since we now can turn cloning off, perhaps these hotkeys users request will only work if the user turns cloning off. Just an idea, I really do not need the hotkey's built into AIM+.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

The turning cloning off option only half turns cloning off :).

If you have the option enabled to "disable cloning," running AIM+ again will popup the buddy list, as in past versions of AIM+ or when running AIM without AIM+. However, you can still create clones by clicking the create clone option on the + button on the buddy list or in the AIM+ dropdown in any chat window. We figured with this option, people could create clones when they like, but wouldn't have to worry so much about the undesired clones they kept accidentally starting.

So to make a long story short, I don't think enabling HotKeys when cloning is disabled would work in the current system.
-Mark
Big-O Software
iSteve530
Addict
Addict

oops

Post by iSteve530 »

oops, I was not aware that even with that check box checked that clones were still a possibility. So, I guess my idea can be voided. :D
hmph

Post by hmph »

I would make the away hot key for every instance of aim+, you need to get away fast with a hot key, but you probably don't need to get back as fast...
-hmph
(]-_-[)
darkblade
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by darkblade »

hot key for away message = great idea!
timrosenfeld
Addict
Addict

Post by timrosenfeld »

a possible solution, I think is that you could have one hot key that will only set the default away message for the currently active AIM window and another hot key that will set all instances of AIM to away