view ip addresses

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

gren4876
Just Registered
Just Registered

view ip addresses

Post by gren4876 »

is there any addon/hack that would make it so aim or aim+ can view someone's ip address?
fuuucckkers

Re: ip addresses

Post by fuuucckkers »

gren4876 wrote:is there any addon/hack that would make it so aim or aim+ can view someone's ip address?
No. But what you can do is have someone make a direct connection to you. And then from within Windows go to Start > Run, and then type in "NETSTAT" (without the quotes) .. it should tell you the users IP address.
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: ip addresses

Post by Michael »

xWastedMindx wrote:No. But what you can do is have someone make a direct connection to you. And then from within Windows go to Start > Run, and then type in "NETSTAT" (without the quotes) .. it should tell you the users IP address.
This doesn't really work in XP... However, you can go to Start > Run and type in "cmd" (no quotes) to get your command line, and then type in netstat (or netstat -n, which I prefer) to get the same information.
Matt

Post by Matt »

or...you could type in 'command' into the run dialog in any microsoft os and it will get you to the same place (a command prompt). then type the netstat.

(michael-i said this b/c some people may have 98 or something and 'cmd' only works for 2k and xp)
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
gren4876
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by gren4876 »

the only problem i have with that method is that the person would have to actively be in direct connect with you. im looking for a method to check on someone to see if its actually the right person, rather then someone else on their computer on another person's screenname.
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

KooLTaB101 wrote:or...you could type in 'command' into the run dialog in any microsoft os and it will get you to the same place (a command prompt). then type the netstat.

(michael-i said this b/c some people may have 98 or something and 'cmd' only works for 2k and xp)
Yes but in XP, if you type in netstat then it just opens a window and closes it right away. And I've used the cmd command in Win 98.
aaii
Addict
Addict

Post by aaii »

well first of all you can't find out someone's IP unless they are directly connected or involved in a file transfer because all traffic goes via AOL's servers.

Secondly to deal with the netstat issue ;)

cmd.exe only exists on NT based kernels, like NT4/2k and XP. The previous dos based Windows versions (9x and ME) have a command interpreter called command.com. Command.com is included in NT based kernels for backward compatibility, you are much better off using cmd.exe.

if you enter a console application in the run box it will close the window after the program finishes. To get around this enter cmd.exe or command.com (see above) in the run box and enter netstat at the command prompt
Buddha
Just Registered
Just Registered

What am I missing?

Post by Buddha »

Am I missing something? The last time I checked, you could just have the person you are IM'ing right-click on the text box and choose insert->IP address. This allows the user to choose who gets there IP address and it isn't avaliable for an easy hack.
fuuucckkers

Re: What am I missing?

Post by fuuucckkers »

Buddha wrote:Am I missing something? The last time I checked, you could just have the person you are IM'ing right-click on the text box and choose insert->IP address. This allows the user to choose who gets there IP address and it isn't avaliable for an easy hack.
I believe you are missing something. While using what you suggested does give you an IP address. It is your IP address. Not the other persons IP you are trying to get. Now I know that you could just ask, but if anyone is smart, you dont just go giving out your IP to people over the net.. not a very good idea. (Unless of course you're just playing hack games with your friends!) :roll:

What everyone else is talking about is trying to view/get other peoples IP addresses. Which is clearly NOT possible unless you do the suggestions mentioned above in the other posts.
Buddha
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Buddha »

As you just mentioned, wouldn't that be a bit of a security issue? The only way that it could be done and not worry about everybody and there brother hacking people would be to limit who you give your IP address to. If this was the case, then just asking them would be easier than trying to select which users can see your IP address.
Rocksolid
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Rocksolid »

There is a real easy to get someone's IP that is on your list... goto http://www.imchaos.com and create a link spy...when someone clicks a link, imchaos records the IP and name and puts it on a nice list for you.
rexfarms
Addict
Addict

Post by rexfarms »

With the netstat way, what effect does a router have on it? How do you know what IP it is b/c there are many.
-Nicholas
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Do you mean if the person is behind a router? If so, in that case you'll capture the person's outside IP address.
rexfarms
Addict
Addict

Post by rexfarms »

DADINK13 wrote:Do you mean if the person is behind a router? If so, in that case you'll capture the person's outside IP address.
Yes is there anyway to get the internal like that?
-Nicholas
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

it all depends. My computer has a NAT address and an out side IP address. 169.XXXXX and it changes all the time and the NAT address changes betttween 66.xxxxxxx and 67.XXXXX and ever time I conect it deffent
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas