Temporary caching of sent images

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

EvilJolly
Addict
Addict

Temporary caching of sent images

Post by EvilJolly »

I know there's a topic somewhere in here about saving images into history, but I didn't want to bother looking for it since this is a somewhat different idea. Now I know that if we saved every image that people send it would build up pretty quick and waste a lot of hard drive space, but what if you could set the amount of days for it to cache images. Images could be store in a temporary location that would automatically purge files older than X amount of days, where X is the number set in the AIM+ options. I'll go ahead and see what you guys think of this idea, maybe I'm the only one that would find this useful.
fuuucckkers

Re: Temporary caching of sent images

Post by fuuucckkers »

EvilJolly wrote:I know there's a topic somewhere in here about saving images into history, but I didn't want to bother looking for it since this is a somewhat different idea. Now I know that if we saved every image that people send it would build up pretty quick and waste a lot of hard drive space, but what if you could set the amount of days for it to cache images. Images could be store in a temporary location that would automatically purge files older than X amount of days, where X is the number set in the AIM+ options. I'll go ahead and see what you guys think of this idea, maybe I'm the only one that would find this useful.
I like that idea. But why would you want to cache the images people send you? Just set the file transfers to a special folder within AIM (My Pictures)..and then go view that folder.
EvilJolly
Addict
Addict

Post by EvilJolly »

I'm talking about the images they send during direct connections. These images could be temporarily stored. If we could do away with clearing of IM windows (is that happening or not?) then I suppose we could hold off on this feature. The main reason I would like this implemented is that often someone sends me a message during a direct connection, the warning message to clear IM session pops up, I accidentally hit enter, and they have to send the image all over again. perhaps each user's history folder could have an image cache subdirectory. Also it would be nice to be able to temporarily view images in history viewer as well, but that's not really necessary.