Cancel option on cloning AIM.

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

EvilJolly
Addict
Addict

Cancel option on cloning AIM.

Post by EvilJolly »

I often find myself cloning AIM on accident while going into history, and it would be nice to have an X on the cloning AIM window, or a cancel button would work too. AIM+ would then start to reverse the progress meter and "unclone" as it does when you close a clone. Am I the only one that does this? :roll:
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

I've never cloned accidently, but it still seems like a good idea.
skudz
Addict
Addict

Post by skudz »

yes, i have hit the Clone under the History tab alot, and can never stop the clone until it opens. good idea, that would be nice.
fuuucckkers

Re: Cancel option on cloning AIM.

Post by fuuucckkers »

EvilJolly wrote:I often find myself cloning AIM on accident while going into history, and it would be nice to have an X on the cloning AIM window, or a cancel button would work too. AIM+ would then start to reverse the progress meter and "unclone" as it does when you close a clone. Am I the only one that does this? :roll:
Im with you.. I have done it numerous times. But what's the need for a cancel button when it only takes a matter of seconds to create the clone? I dont think I could move my mouse fast enough and click the button... by the time it finishes cloning itself. --- Maybe if you bind a keyboard button to Cancel the clone, that would be really helpful. Possibly ESC ? Or make it an option under the prefs, where the user can specify which key to bind for the cancel of a cloning... (just random thoughts running through my head..but those would be some nice features to have!) :D
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

i never really thought about it until you brought it up... but i would like this feature too b/c i always accidentally clone
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
nybbles
Addict
Addict

Post by nybbles »

Even though I don't usually have this problem. I could see it being a good feature.
SkatePhilly

Post by SkatePhilly »

Yea that sounds like a good idea just like every on i have cloned aim numerous times with out wanting to
Matt

Post by Matt »

xWastedMindx wrote:
EvilJolly wrote:I often find myself cloning AIM on accident while going into history, and it would be nice to have an X on the cloning AIM window, or a cancel button would work too. AIM+ would then start to reverse the progress meter and "unclone" as it does when you close a clone. Am I the only one that does this? :roll:
Im with you.. I have done it numerous times. But what's the need for a cancel button when it only takes a matter of seconds to create the clone? I dont think I could move my mouse fast enough and click the button... by the time it finishes cloning itself. --- Maybe if you bind a keyboard button to Cancel the clone, that would be really helpful. Possibly ESC ? Or make it an option under the prefs, where the user can specify which key to bind for the cancel of a cloning... (just random thoughts running through my head..but those would be some nice features to have!) :D
some people who have slow computers (not me specifically, but i know a few) tell me that it takes about 20 sec to clone aim+. in this case, it would be helpful to have an x or someting to close it.
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
nybbles
Addict
Addict

Post by nybbles »

Very true, on my older computer it takes a good 30 secs to clone, but on my newer computer it only takes about a sec.
KooLTaB101 wrote: some people who have slow computers (not me specifically, but i know a few) tell me that it takes about 20 sec to clone aim+. in this case, it would be helpful to have an x or someting to close it.
Leah-la

Post by Leah-la »

KooLTaB101 wrote:some people who have slow computers (not me specifically, but i know a few) tell me that it takes about 20 sec to clone aim+. in this case, it would be helpful to have an x or someting to close it.
My computer is reallie old, and slow, so it takes it a while to clone AIM. I often find myself accidentally cloning AIM for various reasons, and I think that this would be a great feature, for my computer at least.
"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" -Unknown
--------------------------------------------------------
Leah-la
metal fan 49
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by metal fan 49 »

It takes me quite a while on my comp, but then I usually just sign on another name to make use of the clone process, heh.
EvilJolly
Addict
Addict

Post by EvilJolly »

Wow I didn't know so many people have opinions about accidental cloning of AIM. :lol: I just counted and from the time I click to the time it opens is 6 seconds. My computer isn't top notch, but even on my friend's Athlon 2200+ XP and 10,000rpm cheetah scsi hard drive it still takes about 3. On my laptop it takes about 15 seconds, but I guess the real reason I want to have a cancel button is because of how next time I open aim after opening a clone I have to re-enter my screenname. Ok..fine.....I'm lazy, but I'm not the only one!
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

I don't accidentally clone AIM all too often, but a cancel option of some sort would definitely be a solid addition to the cloning feature.

When AIM+ 2.0 was first released and cloning was a brand new feature, a lot of users were accidentally cloning AIM. Hearing that users are still having some sorts of trouble, even accidental, makes quite the argument for this feature to be added to a future release of AIM+.
-Mark
Big-O Software
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

This feature has been added for a future release of AIM+.

Rather than a 'Cancel' button, there is an X button on the cloning dialog box. Clicking the X will make your current Buddy List active and cancel the creation of a clone.
-Mark
Big-O Software