Multiple directories - single files

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Quantum

Multiple directories - single files

Post by Quantum »

Perhaps this functionality exists, but I haven't found it.

I have a couple of hundred directories that I plan on putting on a DVD-RW. I would like each directory to contain a separate MD5 file. If I use shell-extension I can select individual directories and hkSFV creates the MD5 file inside the directory. If I select multiple directories, it creates one MD5 file for all the directories. Sometimes I would want it that way, but in this case I don't. Is there any workaround for this?

Also, I prefer a consistent filename for the MD5. For example, verify.md5 instead of the first filename in the directory. Can this be automated so I don't have to enter the filename each time?

Post by Guest »

Another thing I noticed, trying to create a checksum for a single directory, I wanted the paths included, such as:

video_ts\file1

I had to select 2 directories before the paths were included.

2 options when creating checksums would be nice:

1- Create a separate checksum file in each selected (and recursed)directory. Do not include paths. This is the default when single files are selected or a single directory is selected. Sometimes I want it this way for multiple directories.

2- Create a single checksum file for everything selected. Include paths (wouldn't make sense without paths in this case). This is the default when 2 or more directories are selected. Sometimes I want it this way for 1 directory.

Post by Guest »

Id like to be Able to click on a folder and then when all is said and done id like to have a sfv or md5 file in each sub floder. Not Just one file with all the info for the directory tree...

If this is already a feature please explain how to do this.