View who has blocked you

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

xteq113

View who has blocked you

Post by xteq113 »

I looked for a good while but i didn't find anything and i was wondering and i think this would be pretty cool if you have a feature that would show who all has blocked you.
bigjesse

Post by bigjesse »

yeah maybe aim keeps the IP's that cannot view

then you can somehow retrive those
Soccer55

Re: View who has blocked you

Post by Soccer55 »

xteq113 wrote:I looked for a good while but i didn't find anything and i was wondering and i think this would be pretty cool if you have a feature that would show who all has blocked you.
I believe that the whole blocking thing is taken care of on AOL's servers, so I don't think that there is anything that AIM+ can do to find out that information. However, what you could do is make another screenname that you tell no one about. Keep the same buddy lists on both screennames and use AIM+'s cloning feature to sign on both names at the same time. Then just compare your lists. If there is a screenname that is not on both lists, then it's very likely that they've blocked you.

-Tom
Matt

Post by Matt »

it is not possible. first...the people that are on dial-up get a different IP address every time they connect to the internet (unless you have some really wierd service that doesnt do this)...so if aol blocked by IP, it would be someone different every time and it would be useless.

like soccer55 said...the best way to figure out who blocked you is to create a clone and see who blocked you and who didnt. If, however, they have the feature enabled that only allows the people that are on their bl's to communicate with them...the clone would not work.

i am almost positive i have seen someone request for this before (or at least something like it). i cant find it though...maybe someone else could...
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain