Turn off cloning

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

This thread started out craptastic, and went downhill from there. For everyone reading it, please let this be an example of how not to get things done.

I'm not going to bother analyzing the problem of cloning here, because there are 5 screens of text attempting to do this above my current message, and it seems to have been entirely in vain. People use AIM in different ways, there is a bug in the latest AIM beta, and for the amount of correct things stated in this thread, there was way too much accusing each other of being wrong.

Hopefully this thread will set a precendent of how not to exchange ideas. What I needed was suggestions on how cloning could be made more useful, there is nothing here but bickering about wether or not there should be an option. That is one idea, others would have been to have a separate shortcut to start a clone, or a button/menu-option in AIM+ to fire up a clone.

Do not fight with Mookie. He is the sole reason you are enjoying AIM+ 2.x today, instead of 2 months from now, when I would be releasing the next version without his help. He is the sole reason there is daily activity on this forum. He is knowledgable, and he is working for you.

You don't need to hear something from me to assume it's authoritative. Mookie is in constant contact with me, and I read everything that goes on in these forums. You're more than welcome to address me, of course, but if I don't respond to a thread, it's because Mookie has already said everything that I have to say. So if you're expecting me to jump in and 'set him straight', you're probably in for an unpleasant surprise.

There is now an option to turn off cloning, in AIM 2.1 - let us know how you like this solution?
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

[ this post is because the board wasn't showing my last reply correctly ]
-Ryan
Big-O Software
sn0n
Addict
Addict