Extended profile

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

IronDude
Just Registered
Just Registered

Extended profile

Post by IronDude »

If you want to make an extended profile you need to know HTML, all you have to do is start the brofile, set font etc, then type maybe one word, then go to the folder with your username on AIM, i do not know where it will be on everyone's computer, but you can go to start, find, files and folders, and type in your screen name, search all drives, open all folders that have your screen name as the name, and look for the one with the file

Code: Select all

"info.htm"
and open it, now right click, go to view source, and type as much as you want. Remember, to go to the next line use the

Code: Select all

<BR>
tag. After you are done, save it, completely exit AIM, then go back on, add yourself to your buddy list, and check it out, it worked for me!
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

apprecieate it, but this is all over. Were trying to figure out a few things more advanced and past the initial part of editing the profile.

And by the way, the instructions you gave doesnt really change anything at all. There is still the 1024 character limit in this sense.

What you would need to do is put a link in there with the target property set to _self. Then you will also need an externally uploaded file with the extended info in it somewhere online.

But again, its the thought that counts! :D

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
IronDude
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by IronDude »

yea, i jsut realized that too. Is there a way to enter a script or something to automatically load the other site into the AIM window?
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

IronDude wrote:yea, i jsut realized that too. Is there a way to enter a script or something to automatically load the other site into the AIM window?
Nope I've tried various redirect scripts that I've written and none of them work. The aim client is very picky when it comes to certain things.
:D
nunubutt
Addict
Addict

Post by nunubutt »

I think cgi scripts work for the profile because i have these cgi scripts that give you a private profile. HOwever the only thing i cannot get to work with the cgi is the links. So if anyone of u cgi masters would like to take a look at it gimme a note.
IronDude
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by IronDude »

so it automatically loads the site in ur profile? can i get that? i don't need links, just an extended profile
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

Plasma2002b wrote:apprecieate it, but this is all over. Were trying to figure out a few things more advanced and past the initial part of editing the profile.

And by the way, the instructions you gave doesnt really change anything at all. There is still the 1024 character limit in this sense.

What you would need to do is put a link in there with the target property set to _self. Then you will also need an externally uploaded file with the extended info in it somewhere online.

But again, its the thought that counts! :D
you are soo smart see my problem is i dont have info.htm not that i really care i dont really use profiles i have one but its just me name etc i dont need an extended profile
tone
J3utton
Addict
Addict

Post by J3utton »

I used to be able to get redirect scripts to work in older versions like 4.7 and 4.8..... but they got mean when they made 5.0 and 5.1.... it doesn't work anymore... I haven't tried CGI though... just javascript.... I also dont know CGI.... if anyone figures it out a redirect script that works... post it! Im sure we would all benefit from it...
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

I can't get any javascript to work at all with 4.8 :sad: I was writing a script today for fun that displays different things depending on who is looking at your profile... work have worked great except recent aim doesn't parse javascript, it just showed up as text :x

Has anyone successfully gotten cgi to work with recent versions? I havnt' tried that...
:D