Customize AIM Today window...

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

sn0n
Addict
Addict

Customize AIM Today window...

Post by sn0n »

ryan.. do you know how? i was toying with ResHack.. to get AIM Today to open to the forums.. but i want a new size.. a LITTLE bigger..

any idea's?

dont know how to kex.. so if i need to.. tell me what to edit.. kthnx
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

This sounds like an interesting idea ... let AIM+ modify the AIM Today window to point to any website you want, and then have it load the website in a standard web window rather than the little window without buttons, address bar, etc.

It wouldn't be the most integral feature in AIM+, but it would certainly make the AIM Today window much more useful than it is now.
-Mark
Big-O Software
Soccer55555

Post by Soccer55555 »

<A HREF="http://aimtoday.aol.com/ams/clickThruRe ... ,[b]insert your site address here[/b]" TARGET="_aim_today">Text</A> would load whatever site you entered in the AIM Today window when you click on the link (assuming the link was in your profile or something like that). I don't know how you would get it to work on startup, but maybe it would be possible for the AIM Today button to execute something like this. So whenever you click on the AIM Today button, it would open up the site you want.

-Tom
sn0n
Addict
Addict

Post by sn0n »

i know howto change the address.. i want to change the SIZE..
don

change your hosts file

Post by don »

change your hosts file ... should work... i dont think you visit the aim today page anyway ... so it will always redirect you to whatevers ite you want
iSteve530
Addict
Addict

Post by iSteve530 »

sn0n,
I have also tried to change the AIMToday window size. After looking very intensely through the res file I do not beleive the size is kept in the res file. When AOL changed the size of the AImToday window (back a few versions) the new version did effect the size of my AIMtoday window using the same res file I had been using before upgrading. Hope that saves you time from looking. I imagine you will need to hex the aim.exe or one of the dll's. Please post your findings here of course. :D